River Belle ended 2004 on a high note by winning the hard fought Ms. Revere Stakes (gr. IIT). Now the 4-year-old filly is looking to start her 2005 campaign with the same winning magic in Sunday's $100,000 Honey Fox Handicap (gr. IIIT), going 1 1/16 miles over the turf course at Gulfstream Park.
German-bred Binya, who captured last year's The Very One Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Gulfstream Park, will be toting high weight of 118 pounds against 10 rivals in Saturday's Suwannee River Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Gulfstream.
Pope McLean's Princess Pelona, making her first start since February, showed no signs of rustiness en route to a front-running, 4½-length tally in the $38,000 Reluctant Guest Handicap Saturday at Arlington Park.
Wishful Splendor drew even with favored May Gator at the sixteenth pole and won going away by 1 1/4 lengths in Saturday's $100,000 Suwannee River Handicap.
William S. Farish's Casual Look, winner of the English classic Epsom Oaks (Eng-I) tuned up for an expected run in Saturday's $150,000-added Mrs. Revere Stakes (gr. IIT) with a sharp half-mile work on the turf at Churchill Downs on Tuesday.
Mike's Wildcat, acquired by owner John Oxley after romping to an eight-length victory in the June 30 Astoria Stakes at Belmont Park, seeks her second stake in the grade 2, $150,000 Schuylerville that highlights Wednesday's opening day of 134th meet at Saratoga Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- Miss Serendipity, Blanc Snatch Yellow Ribbon
- Del Mar Trainers to Hop in Bouncey Ball Race
- Sharp Sensation Edges Ben's Cat in 'Monster
- Cary Street Rides Rail to Greenwood Surprise
- Fall Meet at Los Alamitos Begins Sept. 5
- Protonico Surges in Smarty Jones for Pletcher
- Ring Weekend at Home on Turf in Saranac Win
- Munirah Arrives Late for Boiling Springs Win
- Belmont Fall Championship Meet Opens Sept. 5