River Belle ended 2004 on a high note by winning the hard fought Ms. Revere Stakes (gr. IIT). Now the 4-year-old filly is looking to start her 2005 campaign with the same winning magic in Sunday's $100,000 Honey Fox Handicap (gr. IIIT), going 1 1/16 miles over the turf course at Gulfstream Park.
German-bred Binya, who captured last year's The Very One Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Gulfstream Park, will be toting high weight of 118 pounds against 10 rivals in Saturday's Suwannee River Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Gulfstream.
Pope McLean's Princess Pelona, making her first start since February, showed no signs of rustiness en route to a front-running, 4½-length tally in the $38,000 Reluctant Guest Handicap Saturday at Arlington Park.
Wishful Splendor drew even with favored May Gator at the sixteenth pole and won going away by 1 1/4 lengths in Saturday's $100,000 Suwannee River Handicap.
William S. Farish's Casual Look, winner of the English classic Epsom Oaks (Eng-I) tuned up for an expected run in Saturday's $150,000-added Mrs. Revere Stakes (gr. IIT) with a sharp half-mile work on the turf at Churchill Downs on Tuesday.
Mike's Wildcat, acquired by owner John Oxley after romping to an eight-length victory in the June 30 Astoria Stakes at Belmont Park, seeks her second stake in the grade 2, $150,000 Schuylerville that highlights Wednesday's opening day of 134th meet at Saratoga Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Green Gratto Grinds Out Toboggan Win
- Prize Exhibit Sweeps by in Megahertz
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm