Beverly D. Stakes (gr. IT) winner Euro Charline will return to trainer Marco Botti in England for a 4-year-old campaign that will include a bid for the $6-million Dubai Duty Free (UAE-I) at Meydan, it was announced Oct. 14.
Euro Charline, winner of the Beverly D. Stakes (gr. IT) this summer, will miss the Queen Elizabeth II Challenge Cup (gr. IT) Oct. 11 at Keeneland after developing lameness in her right hind ankle.
Myboycharlie, already sire of a group I winner in the Southern Hemisphere, matched that feat with a member of his first European crop when 3-year-old filly Euro Charline won the Beverly D.
Euro Charline, a stakes winner at Ascot three weeks ago, soared through the stretch under a well-timed ride by Ryan Moore to upset the $750,000 Beverly D. Stakes (gr. IT) in her U.S. debut Aug. 16 on turf at Arlington
A daughter of Myboycharlie topped the second select session of the Magic Millions Perth yearling sale, bringing Aust$75,000 ($80,195 in U.S. funds) Feb. 15 at the Belmont Park Sales Complex in Australia.
European rider Kieren Fallon has been handed a worldwide 18-month ban by France Galop after failing a random drug test in that country, according to The Racing Post.
Myboycharlie remained undefeated with an emphatic two-length victory in the Darley Prix Morny (Fr-I) at Deauville Aug. 19.
Most Popular Stories
- F-T October Sale Gains Across Board at Opener
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- F-T October Yearling Sale Recap Day 1
- Sweet Reason Set for BC Filly and Mare Sprint
- Rockingham Park Selling Most of Stable Area
- Jockeys' Guild, RTCA Set Up Saez Family Fund
- Arqana Opens With Record Sales, Median Rise
- Claimer Seeking the Sherif Reaches BC Sprint
- Bullet Move for Likely BC Juvenile Favorite
- U.S. Juvenile Turf Fillies Await Euro Attack