Sam-Son Farm's Eye of the Sphynx remained perfect in four career starts after a surprisingly easy 4 1/4-length triumph in the $500,000 Labatt Woodbine Oaks Sunday at Woodbine.
Sam-Son Farm's unbeaten Eye of the Sphynx heads a select field of five for Sunday's $500,000 Labatt Woodbine Oaks, the country's premier race for Canadian-bred 3-year-old fillies.
Bruno Brothers Farms' Blonde Executive certainly stated her case as one of the top 3-year-old sprinting fillies on the Woodbine grounds with a highlight performance Saturday in the $133,250 Lady Angela at Woodbine. Stonerside Stable's 3-year-old colt Cut and Shoot was just as impressive in taking the $106,000 Afleet.
In one of the best performances of the early Woodbine racing season, Eye of the Sphynx, making her Toronto oval debut, and jockey Todd Kabel combined for a masterful effort in capturing the $16,200 Fury Stakes for 3-year-old fillies.
A fine wine and a little parsley were some of the ingredients that made for a successful upset in Sunday's $250,000 Princess Elizabeth (Can-II) at Woodbine.
A good trip for Dream About in Sunday's $250,000 Princess Elizabeth Stakes (Can-II) at Woodbine could mean a trip of a lifetime to California for the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) Oct. 25 at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Frivolous Posts Falls City Handicap Upset
- After Gallop, California Chrome Ready to Go
- Finnegans Wake Prevails in Hollywood Turf Cup
- Salutos Amigos Rallies to Win Fall Highweight
- Chrome to Go for the Green in Hollywood Derby
- Daddy D T Tops Cecil B. DeMille Stakes
- Euros Inside and Out After Japan Cup Draw
- Nathaniel Filly Tops Tattersalls Foal Session
- Discreet Marq, La Tia Square Off in Matriarch
- Secret Circle, Itsmyluckyday in Cigar Mile