Sam-Son Farm's Eye of the Sphynx remained perfect in four career starts after a surprisingly easy 4 1/4-length triumph in the $500,000 Labatt Woodbine Oaks Sunday at Woodbine.
Sam-Son Farm's unbeaten Eye of the Sphynx heads a select field of five for Sunday's $500,000 Labatt Woodbine Oaks, the country's premier race for Canadian-bred 3-year-old fillies.
Bruno Brothers Farms' Blonde Executive certainly stated her case as one of the top 3-year-old sprinting fillies on the Woodbine grounds with a highlight performance Saturday in the $133,250 Lady Angela at Woodbine. Stonerside Stable's 3-year-old colt Cut and Shoot was just as impressive in taking the $106,000 Afleet.
In one of the best performances of the early Woodbine racing season, Eye of the Sphynx, making her Toronto oval debut, and jockey Todd Kabel combined for a masterful effort in capturing the $16,200 Fury Stakes for 3-year-old fillies.
A fine wine and a little parsley were some of the ingredients that made for a successful upset in Sunday's $250,000 Princess Elizabeth (Can-II) at Woodbine.
A good trip for Dream About in Sunday's $250,000 Princess Elizabeth Stakes (Can-II) at Woodbine could mean a trip of a lifetime to California for the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) Oct. 25 at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- OBS Spring Sale Catalog Now Available Online
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays