Todd Pletcher and Michael Matz will each saddle a pair of starters Feb. 3 in what looks to be an intriguing matchup of 12 fillies and mares for the $100,000 Suwannee River Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Gulfstream Park turf.
Equivine Farm homebred Redaspen made a bold, rail-skimming move in the final furlong under Eddie Castro, rallying from well off the pace to take the $200,000 La Prevoyante Handicap (gr. IIT) by a length Dec. 15 on the Calder Race Course turf.
Todd Pletcher has two opportunities to tie the North American single-season record for graded stakes wins by a trainer this weekend, a record that he set one year ago.
English invader Dalvina went from last-to-first, rallying under Cornelio Velasquez to conquer the $150,000 Long Island Handicap (gr. IIIT) Nov. 11 at Aqueduct in her first start on American soil.
Beverly D. Stakes (gr. IT) winner Royal Highness leads a field of eight that is heavily weighted with European contenders in the $150,000 Long Island Handicap (gr. IIIT) Nov. 11 at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist's BC Work Less Than Ideal
- California Chrome 'Fit' for BC After Work
- Getting Started on Breeders' Cup Handicapping
- Living The Life Retired, Won't Run in BC
- Beholder, Frosted Drill at Santa Anita
- Rachel Alexandra Breeder Morrison dies
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Songbird Logs Final Breeze for Distaff
- Cool Arrow On Target for First Spendthrift