The $150,000 Kentucky Cup Turf Stakes (gr. IIIT), the feature of Kentucky Downs' four-day live meet, drew a full field of 12, including defending titleholder Rumor Has It and grade I winner Cloudy's Knight.
Just As Well, knocking on the door in his last two starts, broke through with his first graded stakes score in the $200,000 Arlington Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the turf July 12.
Johnanna Louise Glen-Teven's Proudinsky, winner of the Muniz Memorial Handicap (gr. II) a year ago, is the 3-1 morning-line favorite in his quest to become the first back-to-back winner in the 17-year history of the event, Fair Grounds' premier race for turf horses.
Entering the $200,000 Kentucky Cup Turf (gr. IIIT), Rumor Has It had not hit the winner's circle since Nov. 5, 2005. The 7-year-old gelding was 0-for-10 during that span, which was why he was sent off at odds of 59-1 Sept. 13 before romping to a 3 3/4-length victory.
Most Popular Stories
- Laurel Cancels Racing Due to Water Main Break
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Pedigree Analysis: Olympia
- 'Evolution of Racing' Approaches in Lexington
- Main Sequence Class of Loaded United Nations
- New Whip Rule's First Day No Problem in SoCal
- KY Horse Park Transitioning to Black Fences
- Los Alamitos Enjoys Opening-Day Handle Spike
- Java's War Seeks Elusive Win in Singspiel
- Barbados Returns in Carry Back