A nicely matched field of eight fillies and mares is set to challenge in the 44th running of the Bewitch Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Keeneland Race Course Wednesday. Topped by morning line favorite Angara, and second-choice Cape Town Lass, the field will contest 1-1/2 miles over the Lexington track's turf course.
Cape Town Lass, already a winner at the Keeneland spring meeting, will face seven fillies and mares in the $100,000-added Bewitch (gr. III), to be run at 12 furlongs on the grass on Wednesday.
Win machine D' Wildcat Speed, making her first start in a route race in nearly a year, sped away from 3-5 favorite Isola Piu Bella at the top of the stretch and registered an easy six-length victory in the $200,000 Rampart Handicap (gr. II) at Gulfstream Park Saturday.
Martin Cherry's Pampered Princess, second in the Sabin Handicap (gr. III) this winter, will challenge South America's Isola Piu Bella a second time in Saturday's $200,000 Rampart Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares at Gulfstream Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- Outwork, Speightster Retire to WinStar
- Impressive Maiden Winners Try Pilgrim Stakes
- A Time When Greatness Bloomed
- Two Unbeaten Favorites in Florida Sire Series