Millennium Farms' Rolling Sea won for the sixth time this year, stalking the pace and then taking a clear lead in the stretch before holding on to win the $200,000 Chilukki Stakes (gr. II) by a half-length at Churchill Downs Nov. 3.
The 3-year-old High Heels, winner of the Fantasy Stakes (gr. II) at Oaklawn Park in April, tries her luck against older fillies and mares for the first time in the $150,000 Gardenia Handicap (gr. III) at Ellis Park Saturday.
A field of 10 fillies and mares have been entered for Saturday's $100,000 Lady Canterbury Breeders' Cup Stakes, the centerpiece of Canterbury Park's stakes schedule.
At the Moment Stables' Lady Belsara never got a break after taking the lead shortly following the start, but proved a game winner of the $175,000 Chicago Handicap (gr. III) by a half-length on the all weather track at Arlington Park Saturday.
Fast fractions and a well timed ride by veteran jockey Calvin Borel, enabled Kettleoneup to roll through the stretch en route to a widening 2 1/2-length victory in the $250,000 Sixty Sails Handicap (gr. III), for fillies and mares competing at Hawthorne Saturday.
The Todd Pletcher-trained Mo Cuishle, a grade III winner, is a slight 2-1 favorite in a small field of five entered for Saturday's $250,000 Sixty Sails Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares at Hawthorne.
Cryptoquip, whose 11 3/4-length victory in the Queen City Oaks at River Downs was wiped out when the race was declared no contest because of a starting gate malfunction, officially earned black type for the first time by winning the $144,500 Arlington Breeders' Cup Oaks (gr. III) by a half-length.
Most Popular Stories
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement
- Ashleyluvssugar, Texas Ryano Reunite in San Luis Rey
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage