A fractured sesamoid suffered by My Brent's Diamond in a March 1 workout at Fair Grounds will force the retirement of the six-time stakes winner. Louisiana-bred My Brent's Diamond defeated Hallowed Dreams in each of her last two starts.
Hallowed Dreams suffered a second straight defeat at the Fair Grounds Saturday in the $72,750 Pan Zareta Handicap, won by My Brent's Diamond. Hallowed Dreams finished second for the first time in 29 career races and is currently in the midst of the longest losing streak of her career.
A field of five will take the gate in the $75,000 Pan Zareta Handicap Saturday at FairGrounds, including the darling of Louisiana, Hallowed Dreams. Hallowed Dreams is one of five finalists for the Louisiana Thoroughbred Breeders Association's Accredited Louisiana Bred Horses of the Year awards in the 4-year-old and up filly and mare category.
Shades of Seabiscuit. Hallowed Dreams' lifetime record looked like a typographical error (27: 25-0-2). She was racing back in the $100,000 Louisiana Champions Day Sprint on just seven days of rest. She was in against eight males and one other filly. Hollywood could not have written a more perfect script for the marquee Louisiana-bred who had earned the reputation of being a winning machine.
Unbeaten Hallowed Dreams extended her win streak to 15 races Sunday at Louisiana Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast
- Violette Undecided on Travers for Upstart
- Keeneland Plans for Sale Activity During BC
- TTA to Conduct 2-Year-Old Sale in April
- Illinois Vote Could Impact Thoroughbred Dates
- Stellar Wind Tops Torrey Pines Field
- Bradester, Valid Meet Again at Monmouth
- Suffolk to Subsidize Shipping for Fall Dates