Bill Currin, who bred, owned, and trained 2006 Hollywood Futurity (gr. I) winner Stormello, died Feb. 11 in Solana Beach, Calif., after a long illness. He was 77.
Irish agent Demi O'Byrne outlasted all other bidders to acquire a Bernardini colt for $1,550,000 at the Sept. 12 third session of the Keeneland September yearling sale in Lexington.
My Best Brother proved he was the best 3-year-old on turf at the Del Mar meet with a smart, front-running victory in the $300,000 Del Mar Derby (gr. IIT) at 1 1/8 miles Sept. 2.
A year after Tom Proctor shipped Banned west to win the Del Mar Derby (gr. IIT) for Glen Hill Farms, the trainer is back for the turf event Sept. 3 with La Jolla Stakes (gr. IIT) winner Old Time Hockey.
In a wild three-horse photo finish, Old Time Hockey outfought favored My Best Brother and Chips All In to win the La Jolla Handicap (gr. IIT) Aug. 11 at Del Mar.
Bettors won't have to look hard to find something in common with all five of the contestants in the La Jolla Handicap (gr. IIT) at Del Mar Aug. 11 for 3-year-olds.
Images from the 75th opening day at Del Mar. View Slideshow
My Best Brother and Midnight Crooner tallied victories in divisions of the Oceanside Stakes for 3-year-olds before a record opening-day crowd of 47,339 at Del Mar July 18.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx
- Nine Honored at Walk of Champions Gala