Bill Currin, who bred, owned, and trained 2006 Hollywood Futurity (gr. I) winner Stormello, died Feb. 11 in Solana Beach, Calif., after a long illness. He was 77.
Irish agent Demi O'Byrne outlasted all other bidders to acquire a Bernardini colt for $1,550,000 at the Sept. 12 third session of the Keeneland September yearling sale in Lexington.
My Best Brother proved he was the best 3-year-old on turf at the Del Mar meet with a smart, front-running victory in the $300,000 Del Mar Derby (gr. IIT) at 1 1/8 miles Sept. 2.
A year after Tom Proctor shipped Banned west to win the Del Mar Derby (gr. IIT) for Glen Hill Farms, the trainer is back for the turf event Sept. 3 with La Jolla Stakes (gr. IIT) winner Old Time Hockey.
In a wild three-horse photo finish, Old Time Hockey outfought favored My Best Brother and Chips All In to win the La Jolla Handicap (gr. IIT) Aug. 11 at Del Mar.
Bettors won't have to look hard to find something in common with all five of the contestants in the La Jolla Handicap (gr. IIT) at Del Mar Aug. 11 for 3-year-olds.
Images from the 75th opening day at Del Mar. View Slideshow
My Best Brother and Midnight Crooner tallied victories in divisions of the Oceanside Stakes for 3-year-olds before a record opening-day crowd of 47,339 at Del Mar July 18.
Most Popular Stories
- Injury Knocks Constitution Off Derby Trail
- Midnight Hawk Brings Illinois Derby Intrigue
- Stronach Takes Stand on Integrity Reforms
- Street Boss Colt Among Top OBS Day 2 Workers
- Regulators Begin Asmussen Investigations
- Dude Back On Game for Charles Town Classic
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- And They're Off: The End of the Trail Edition
- Kauai Katie Makes Her 2014 Debut in Distaff
- Eight Rivals Try Kid Cruz in Federico Tesio