Magna Entertainment Corp. has announced the sale of Great Lakes Downs to The Little River Band of Ottawa Indians for $5 million cash, less customary closing adjustments.
Magna Entertainment's debt-reduction sale of what it deems excess assets is under way with at least four properties already listed with real estate agents.
Citing estimated financial losses of $1.8 million at Great Lakes Downs in 2006, Magna Entertainment announced Jan. 18 that it would not operate a meet at the Michigan racetrack beyond this year.
Most Popular Stories
- Positive Outlook for Fasig-Tipton Yearlings
- Fasig-Tipton Kentucky: July 2014 Sale Preview
- The Thoroughbred Racehorse Foot
- Ortiz, Castellano Finish in Tie at Belmont
- New Journeyman Cabrera Wins Lone Star Title
- Story to Tell, La Grange Win Juvenile Stakes
- Wildcat Red Posts Bullet Breeze for Haskell
- A Conversation With Michael Straight
- No Catching Unspurned in Bison City Stakes
- Gallante Shocks Soggy Grand Prix de Paris