Magna Entertainment Corp. has announced the sale of Great Lakes Downs to The Little River Band of Ottawa Indians for $5 million cash, less customary closing adjustments.
Magna Entertainment's debt-reduction sale of what it deems excess assets is under way with at least four properties already listed with real estate agents.
Citing estimated financial losses of $1.8 million at Great Lakes Downs in 2006, Magna Entertainment announced Jan. 18 that it would not operate a meet at the Michigan racetrack beyond this year.
Most Popular Stories
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- Lady Eli Showing Improvement From Laminitis
- Desormeaux Failed Breathalyzer at Del Mar
- Untapable Looks for Shuvee Relief
- First Winners for Pair of Louisiana Stallions
- Gimme Da Lute Brings Class to Real Good Deal
- Emerald Downs to Unveil New Video Screen
- Protonico Heads Monmouth Cup Stakes Cast
- His Race to Win Seeking Repeat in Seagram Cup