Godolphin's unbeaten filly Certify impressively launched her comeback from a lengthy stint on the sidelines Jan. 30, winning the $200,000 Cape Verdi Sponsored by DUBAL (UAE-II) in near record time at Meydan.
Godolphin's unbeaten champion filly Certify is set to make her long-awaited return to racing in the $200,000 Cape Verdi (UAE-II) Jan. 30 at Meydan.
Under a whipping and driving Silvestre De Sousa, Godolphin filly Shuruq sped past pacesetter Empire Storm late and won the $250,000 Al Maktoum Challenge-Round I (UAE-II) in a quick time Jan. 9 at Meydan.
The countdown to the world's richest race--the $10 million Dubai World Cup (UAE-I)--begins Jan. 9 with the first of 10 meetings of the Dubai World Cup Carnival at Meydan Racecourse.
Trainer Mike de Kock sends out 13 runners on Dubai World Cup night, including Treasure Beach in the Dubai World Cup, and Igugu, The Apache, and Mushreq in the Dubai Duty Free. Watch Video
Mushreq will continue on a path toward the $5 million Dubai Duty Free (UAE-I) next month after a convincing win Feb. 21 at Meydan in the $250,000 Al Fahidi Fort (UAE-II).
While trainer Mike de Kock's lone representative in the Balanchine (UAE-II) on Feb. 21 at Meydan is South African star Igugu, he sends a three-prong attack for the $250,000 Al Fahidi Fort (UAE-II) two races later.
Most Popular Stories
- War Story to Skip Belmont, Head to Ohio Derby
- NYRA Outlines Belmont Traffic-Flow Plan
- American Pharoah 'Went Great' in Slop at CD
- Trainer Baffert, on American Pharoah's Breeze
- Hard Not to Like Skims Rail, Takes Gamely
- Street Story Flies to Winning Colors Win
- Majestic City Strong in Lone Star Handicap
- G. G. Ryder Swoops to All American Win
- Mulhall, Former Racing Manager, Dies at 76
- Monmouth Reports Strong Memorial Day Weekend