Kentucky Horse Park Museum Director Bill Cooke expands on the historical significance and dominance of Calumet Farm and talks about their trophy collection on display at the Kentucky Horse Park. Read more on the history of Calumet in our online feature Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend.
Two-time Horse of the Year Curlin and trainer Steve Asmussen, who saddled him to nine stakes wins in the years he won those titles, are among 10 finalists on the 2014 Hall of Fame ballot.
The Laurel Museum in Laurel, Md., will open an exhibit Feb. 6 to celebrate 100 years of racing at Laurel Park, which opened Oct. 2, 1911.
On Friday morning, April 30, they're off to the Oaks Brunch at the Brown Hotel, a Fundraiser to benefit the Kentucky Museum of Arts + Design. More than 250 people have gathered for this 18th annual event to see and be seen, to buy, and to brunch.
The saddle jockey George Woolf used on Seabiscuit will be permanently displayed at the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
The National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., has opened an online gift shop at: hall.racingmuseum.org/shop/asp/
The National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame will be hosting
the second seminar of its "Guests in the Gallery" program on
Aug. 14th at 11 am. Participants scheduled to attend the panel
discussion are trainers H. James Bond, Leah Gyarmati, Kiaran McLaughlin, Ken McPeek, and Tom Voss.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate, California Chrome Meet Again in Pegasus
- Trainer Chad Brown Finally Lands His Knockout
- NYSGC Suspends Jockey Agent Gonzalez for 10 Years
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- American Lion Gelding, Overdriven Filly Top OBS Works
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm