Rush Bay, a two-time graded stakes winner will enter stud in 2009 at Murmur Farm near Darlington, Md.
Scipion, a graded stakes-winning son of A.P. Indy, will enter stud at Allen and Audrey Murray's Murmur Farm in Darlington, Md.
On The Acorn, a winner of three of four races in 2007 including the San Juan Capistrano Invitational Handicap (gr. IIT) in his last start, tries to make it back-to-back grade II victories.
Sondra Bender's Promenade Girl spoiled the return to action of Round Pond in Sunday's $294,000 Molly Pitcher Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares on a sloppy track at Monmouth Park.
Sondra Bender's Promenade Girl trounced a field of 3-year-old Maryland-bred fillies in the opening day feature at Laurel Park, the $75,000 Twixt Stakes.
E. Allen Murray and his wife, Audrey, who bought the stallion Our Emblem two years ago and watched him develop into a star when his son War Emblem won the 2002 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Preakness Stakes (gr. I). have purchased 10-year-old Louis Quatorze for stallion duty at their Murmur Farm near Darlington, Md.
After War Emblem hit the wire in the May 18 Preakness Stakes (gr. I), Audrey Murray cashed a $5 ticket on the speedy colt and got back $19. But any day now, she and her husband, Allen, could be celebrating an even bigger payoff as the result of War Emblem's success in the Triple Crown races.
Few stallions in recent memory have enjoyed more of an upswing in their reputation in such a short span as Our Emblem.
Request for Parole held off Perfect Drift by a nose in a long stretch duel Saturday in the $100,000 John Battaglia Memorial Stakes at Turfway Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Gunnevera Draws Outside for Florida Derby
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- McCraken, Gunnevera Top Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- What's Going On Here: Beyond Imagination
- Kentucky Horse Park to Celebrate Man 'o War
- Spiral Stakes Provides Road to the Derby Option