Rush Bay, a two-time graded stakes winner will enter stud in 2009 at Murmur Farm near Darlington, Md.
Disco Rico, who is closing in on $1 million in 2007 progeny earnings, will stand at Keane Stud near Amenia, N.Y.
Disco Rico, a multiple graded stakes winner, came through with his first winner when his daughter Pure Disco won July 13 at Monmouth Park in her initial outing.
Tim Ritchey and Jeremy Rose, who hope to win the Preakness Stakes (gr. I) with Afleet Alex, won a stakes on the undercard Saturday, taking the $50,000 Murmur Farm Starter Handicap with Testy Guy.
E. Allen Murray and his wife, Audrey, who bought the stallion Our Emblem two years ago and watched him develop into a star when his son War Emblem won the 2002 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Preakness Stakes (gr. I). have purchased 10-year-old Louis Quatorze for stallion duty at their Murmur Farm near Darlington, Md.
The first foal sired by graded stakes winner Disco Rico is a colt born Jan. 21 at Murmur Farm
Last fall, E. Allen Murray, and his wife, Audrey, took a chance on purchasing the young Kentucky stallion Our Emblem and standing him at their Murmur Farm near Darlington, Md. All Our Emblem has done since then is have his name thrust into the national spotlight as the sire of Kentucky Derby winner War Emblem and Triple Crown contender Private Emblem.
Most Popular Stories
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Ben's Cat Set for 10-Year-Old Debut
- Lani Works in Perplexing Fashion
- Red Sailed into the Sunset
- Nyquist Jogs in Advance of Final Derby Work
- Mad Flatter Euthanized After Accident