Cindy Jones, wife and assistant to trainer Larry Jones, said all three of the stable's horses who who ran at Fair Grounds March 14, including Louisiana Derby (gr. II) winner Friesan Fire, came out of their races well.
A full field is expected for Sunday's grade II $500,000 Mervin H. Muniz Jr. Memorial Handicap at Fair Grounds, and the locally based contingent should be well represented with eight possible entrants.
In a letter to horsemen at Fair Grounds Racecourse in New Orleans, La., track president and general manager Bryan Krantz has responded to comments by trainer Tom Amoss that were published in The Blood-Horse and New Orleans Times-Picayune. Here is the complete text of Krantz' letter.
Fair Grounds racecourse is renaming the $500,000 Explosive Bid Handicap (gr. II), to be run on March 21, 2004, to the Mervin H. Muniz Jr. Memorial Handicap, in honor of the track's late director of racing and racing secretary.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Untapable Unstoppable in Grade I Cotillion
- Miss Behaviour Romps in Charles Town Oaks
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Suffolk Open to Any Viable Plans for Racing
- Artemis Agrotera Gets Up to Win Gallant Bloom
- Top Filly Princess of Sylmar Retired
- Sherman Says 'Chrome' Looks as Good as Ever
- Thank You Marylou Coasts Clear in Dogwood