Craig Bernick of Glen Hill Farm near Ocala went to a sale-topping price of 200,000 euros to secure a Galileo filly at the Arqana February mixed sale Feb. 11 in Deauville.
Magicalmysterycat, a 4-year-old multiple grade II winning daughter of Storm Cat, became the first seven-figure transaction of the 2001 Keeneland January Horses of All Ages sale when she was purchased by WinStar Farm for $1.7-million Tuesday. The chestnut filly produced from the multiple grade II winner Nannerl (by Valid Appeal) was consigned by Eaton Sales, agent for Anne and Satish Sanan's Padua Stables. Padua had paid $1.1 million for Magicalmysterycat at the 1998 Keeneland September yearling sale. Trained by D. Wayne Lukas, Magicalmysterycat won the Schuylerville and Landaluce Stakes, both grade II, as a 2-year-old.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Twilight Son to Cheveley Park in 2017
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Klosterman’s Legacy Continues at Fasig-Tipton
- Malibu Moon, Tapit Colts Could Shine at F-T
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Trainer Baird Reaches Win 2,000
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic