Craig Bernick of Glen Hill Farm near Ocala went to a sale-topping price of 200,000 euros to secure a Galileo filly at the Arqana February mixed sale Feb. 11 in Deauville.
Magicalmysterycat, a 4-year-old multiple grade II winning daughter of Storm Cat, became the first seven-figure transaction of the 2001 Keeneland January Horses of All Ages sale when she was purchased by WinStar Farm for $1.7-million Tuesday. The chestnut filly produced from the multiple grade II winner Nannerl (by Valid Appeal) was consigned by Eaton Sales, agent for Anne and Satish Sanan's Padua Stables. Padua had paid $1.1 million for Magicalmysterycat at the 1998 Keeneland September yearling sale. Trained by D. Wayne Lukas, Magicalmysterycat won the Schuylerville and Landaluce Stakes, both grade II, as a 2-year-old.
Most Popular Stories
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Del Mar Makes Adjustment to Slow Polytrack
- Perfect at Spa, Sweet Reason Ready for Test
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Trainer Joshua Stein Wins in Debut at Sonoma
- Clement Hirsch: Iotapa After BC Distaff Slot
- CDI Reports Record Second Quarter Revenues
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- New York-Bred Palace At Home In Vanderbilt
- Juddmonte Stallions Available to S.H. Mares