Craig Bernick of Glen Hill Farm near Ocala went to a sale-topping price of 200,000 euros to secure a Galileo filly at the Arqana February mixed sale Feb. 11 in Deauville.
Magicalmysterycat, a 4-year-old multiple grade II winning daughter of Storm Cat, became the first seven-figure transaction of the 2001 Keeneland January Horses of All Ages sale when she was purchased by WinStar Farm for $1.7-million Tuesday. The chestnut filly produced from the multiple grade II winner Nannerl (by Valid Appeal) was consigned by Eaton Sales, agent for Anne and Satish Sanan's Padua Stables. Padua had paid $1.1 million for Magicalmysterycat at the 1998 Keeneland September yearling sale. Trained by D. Wayne Lukas, Magicalmysterycat won the Schuylerville and Landaluce Stakes, both grade II, as a 2-year-old.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- 'Ghost' Takes on Males in Queen's Plate
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Santa Anita Installs New Turf Course
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation