Craig Bernick of Glen Hill Farm near Ocala went to a sale-topping price of 200,000 euros to secure a Galileo filly at the Arqana February mixed sale Feb. 11 in Deauville.
Magicalmysterycat, a 4-year-old multiple grade II winning daughter of Storm Cat, became the first seven-figure transaction of the 2001 Keeneland January Horses of All Ages sale when she was purchased by WinStar Farm for $1.7-million Tuesday. The chestnut filly produced from the multiple grade II winner Nannerl (by Valid Appeal) was consigned by Eaton Sales, agent for Anne and Satish Sanan's Padua Stables. Padua had paid $1.1 million for Magicalmysterycat at the 1998 Keeneland September yearling sale. Trained by D. Wayne Lukas, Magicalmysterycat won the Schuylerville and Landaluce Stakes, both grade II, as a 2-year-old.
Most Popular Stories
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- McErin, Five Fillies Take on Kentucky Juvenile Stakes
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out