Prominent horsewoman Mary Anne Parris, owner of Winning Ways Farm in Lexington, died Feb. 19 at the age of 80.
An Indian Charlie colt produced from the Touch Gold mare Touched brought a top price of $400,000 during the Sept. 15 session of the Keeneland September yearling sale.
A Smart Strike filly was purchased by agent Joe Brocklebank for $410,000 to top the early portion of Tuesday's session of the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July yearling sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Martin Defends Sending 'Chrome' to Ascot
- 2015 Florida Derby Race Sequence
- Rivals Back to Challenge Dortmund in SA Derby
- Blue Grass Hopefuls Train at Keeneland
- Blinkers On 'Truth Or Else' in Arkansas Derby
- Grade II Winner Williamstown Dead at 25
- Podcast: Haskin's Racing Review for April 1
- HRTV to Air Penn National Gaming Challenge
- Report: KY Expanded Gaming Push Again in 2016
- Kentucky Tracks, HBPA Partner to Fund TAA