John Robert and Martha Jane Mulholland campaigned 2006 Princess Rooney Handicap (G1) winner Malibu Mint, a daughter of Malibu Moon they privately purchased after her runner-up finish in the 2006 Winning Colors Stakes.
The Keeneland January horses of all ages sale came to an end Jan. 13 with across-the-board declines for the auction that was bereft of quality offerings.
Consistently among the leading consignors at Keeneland and Fasig-Tipton sales, Martha Jane Mulholland’s Mulholland Springs Farm targets the Keeneland January horses of all ages for certain mares and short yearlings that do not fit in November.
Prominent horsewoman Mary Anne Parris, owner of Winning Ways Farm in Lexington, died Feb. 19 at the age of 80.
An Indian Charlie colt produced from the Touch Gold mare Touched brought a top price of $400,000 during the Sept. 15 session of the Keeneland September yearling sale.
A Smart Strike filly was purchased by agent Joe Brocklebank for $410,000 to top the early portion of Tuesday's session of the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July yearling sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- G. G. Ryder Wins All American in Blanket Finish
- Weekend Hideaway Repeats in Commentator
- Gun Runner Breezes for Stephen Foster
- Connections Plan Breeders' Cup Trip for Top Casablanca
- Fourstar Crook Continues Turf Win Streak
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Rey de Oro wins Japanese Derby
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham