Prominent horsewoman Mary Anne Parris, owner of Winning Ways Farm in Lexington, died Feb. 19 at the age of 80.
An Indian Charlie colt produced from the Touch Gold mare Touched brought a top price of $400,000 during the Sept. 15 session of the Keeneland September yearling sale.
A Smart Strike filly was purchased by agent Joe Brocklebank for $410,000 to top the early portion of Tuesday's session of the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July yearling sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Prominent Sire Beau Genius Dies at 29
- Grade II Winners to Battle in WV Derby
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- R Free Roll Leads the Way in Honorable Miss
- 'The Chief' in Florida Rather Than Saratoga
- Wilkins to Direct Calumet Stallion Division
- Emperors Palace 2YO Sale Set for August
- Travers or Pennsylvania Derby Next for Bayern
- No Worries for Paquette in First Race Call
- Catalano's Daughter Reports Progress