John Robert and Martha Jane Mulholland campaigned 2006 Princess Rooney Handicap (G1) winner Malibu Mint, a daughter of Malibu Moon they privately purchased after her runner-up finish in the 2006 Winning Colors Stakes.
The Keeneland January horses of all ages sale came to an end Jan. 13 with across-the-board declines for the auction that was bereft of quality offerings.
Consistently among the leading consignors at Keeneland and Fasig-Tipton sales, Martha Jane Mulholland’s Mulholland Springs Farm targets the Keeneland January horses of all ages for certain mares and short yearlings that do not fit in November.
Prominent horsewoman Mary Anne Parris, owner of Winning Ways Farm in Lexington, died Feb. 19 at the age of 80.
An Indian Charlie colt produced from the Touch Gold mare Touched brought a top price of $400,000 during the Sept. 15 session of the Keeneland September yearling sale.
A Smart Strike filly was purchased by agent Joe Brocklebank for $410,000 to top the early portion of Tuesday's session of the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July yearling sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Capps' Death is Big Loss to Louisville Equine Program
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Goldikova, Espinoza Among Hall of Fame Inductees
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Brisk Activity Bodes Well for OBS Spring Sale
- Nichols Canyon Connections Pointing for Iroquois Bonus
- Spending Time With New Trainer Kent Sweezey
- OBS Hips to Watch Include Tapwrit's Half Brother