The Keeneland January horses of all ages sale came to an end Jan. 13 with across-the-board declines for the auction that was bereft of quality offerings.
Consistently among the leading consignors at Keeneland and Fasig-Tipton sales, Martha Jane Mulholland’s Mulholland Springs Farm targets the Keeneland January horses of all ages for certain mares and short yearlings that do not fit in November.
Prominent horsewoman Mary Anne Parris, owner of Winning Ways Farm in Lexington, died Feb. 19 at the age of 80.
An Indian Charlie colt produced from the Touch Gold mare Touched brought a top price of $400,000 during the Sept. 15 session of the Keeneland September yearling sale.
A Smart Strike filly was purchased by agent Joe Brocklebank for $410,000 to top the early portion of Tuesday's session of the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July yearling sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Tepin Gets Serious in Latest Work
- Suddenbreakingnews Set to Return at Oaklawn
- Shaman Ghost Works Bullet in Pegasus Prep
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome
- OBS to Offer Experienced Racehorses, Yearlings, Mares