Skeedattle Stable's Mr O'Brien found his closing kick again after four straight losing races, taking Saturday's $270,000 Kelso Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) at a mile on the Belmont Park Widener turf course.
Wildenstein Stable's Rolly Polly won the $76,970 Safely Kept Handicap on turf for older fillies and mares at Hollywood Park Sunday for the second straight year.
For Wildenstein Stable's favored Rolly Polly and jockey Patrick Valenzuela, the last stride of the $114,100 Senator Ken Maddy Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Santa Anita Saturday was the best one.
Irish-bred Mr. O'Brien got a rail-skimming ride from Pat Day to win the $100,000 Woodlawn, the first stakes race of Saturday's Preakness program at a cloudy and cool Pimlico race course in Baltimore, Md.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill