Skeedattle Stable's Mr O'Brien found his closing kick again after four straight losing races, taking Saturday's $270,000 Kelso Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) at a mile on the Belmont Park Widener turf course.
Wildenstein Stable's Rolly Polly won the $76,970 Safely Kept Handicap on turf for older fillies and mares at Hollywood Park Sunday for the second straight year.
For Wildenstein Stable's favored Rolly Polly and jockey Patrick Valenzuela, the last stride of the $114,100 Senator Ken Maddy Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Santa Anita Saturday was the best one.
Irish-bred Mr. O'Brien got a rail-skimming ride from Pat Day to win the $100,000 Woodlawn, the first stakes race of Saturday's Preakness program at a cloudy and cool Pimlico race course in Baltimore, Md.
Most Popular Stories
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- Stallion Oxbow to Stand at Calumet in 2015
- Competitive Group Entered for Smarty Jones
- California Chrome Progressing Toward PA Derby
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- Hollendorfer Duo Part of Even Yellow Ribbon
- Knee Surgery to Sideline Kid Cruz for Year
- Micromanage Set for Another Distance Test
- Lemon Drop Kid: A Class Act
- Texas Racing Commission OKs Instant Racing