The fees for Shadwell's European stallions remain largely unchanged for 2014 but a couple of have relocated within Great Britain.
Indonesienne reeled in pacesetter Lesstalk In Park with a torrid rally down the center of the track and won the Total Prix Marcel Boussac-Criterium des Pouliches (Fr-I) for 2-year-old fillies Oct. 6 at Longchamp.
Mauralakana, given a perfect ride by Kent Desormeaux, swept to her first grade I victory in the $750,000 Beverly D. over the Arlington Park turf Aug. 9, winning her fourth consecutive race for trainer Christophe Clement.
Modern breeding in North America and Europe is dominated by just three major male lines: Northern Dancer, Mr. Prospector, and Seattle Slew. Other male lines still exist but they range from the relatively healthy Hail to Reason and In Reality lines, which encompass a sizable number of stallions, down to lines with just one or two major representatives remaining, such as those of Domino and Plaudit. The male line of Sharpen Up (GB) is one of those lesser sire lines that has managed to survive the 20th Century
Mauralakana collared even-money favorite Quite a Bride a furlong from home and drew clear in the final stages to win the $162,900 Locust Grove Handicap (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares, bringing down the curtain on the 2007 Churchill Downs spring meet Sunday.
Godolphin Racing's Muhtathir turned in a sharp five-furlong drill on Woodbine's inner turf course Thursday morning and then drew post position 11 for the track's $1-million Atto Mile (gr. IT) on Sunday.
Godolphin Racing's Muhtathir won the Prix du Haras de Fresnay-Le-Buffard-Jacques Le Marois (Fr-I) by three lengths over Sendawar Sunday at Deauville.
Most Popular Stories
- Isabella Sings First Winner for Eskendereya
- Social Inclusion Breezes for Haskell
- Heerman Shaped Today's Thoroughbred Sales
- Empire Dreams Stretches Out in New York Derby
- Del Mar's Paddock Sale to be Held July 20
- That Handicapping Show: Delaware Handicap
- Delaware Park, Horsemen Extend Contract
- Uniform Drug Program Picking Up Support
- Blue Horse Charities Merging Efforts with TAA
- Jockey Morales Posts 1,000th Career Victory