Street Life earned street cred at Saratoga Race Course July 27, punching his ticket to the Aug. 25 Travers Stakes (gr. I) by taking the $100,000 Curlin Stakes for Magnolia Racing Stable and Hidden Brook Farm.
Marathon Farm got a bargain when they bought Stone Hope, the dam of Belmont Stakes contender Street Life, for $25,000 in January.
Rush Bay gamely fought off a late bid from Last Answer to win the inaugural $301,200 Nijinsky Stakes (Can-II) in an upset by a diminishing neck Sunday at Woodbine.
Rush Bay, ridden by Rafael Bejarano, rallied from just off the pace and held off Purim in a long stretch duel to score a head victory in Saturday's $109,000 Opening Verse Handicap for 3-year-olds and up on the turf at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- What's Going On Here: Solid at the Core
- 'Gold Hopes to Keep Churchill Record Intact
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Curlin Colt Tops Strong Keeneland Session
- Flashback Retired to Stand at Hill 'n' Dale
- Fast Anna Gets Class Relief in Gallant Bob
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Three-Time Grade I Winner Behrens Dies
- Equine Encephalitis Reported in New York
- Oversight Board Reviews NYRA Finances