Street Life earned street cred at Saratoga Race Course July 27, punching his ticket to the Aug. 25 Travers Stakes (gr. I) by taking the $100,000 Curlin Stakes for Magnolia Racing Stable and Hidden Brook Farm.
Marathon Farm got a bargain when they bought Stone Hope, the dam of Belmont Stakes contender Street Life, for $25,000 in January.
Rush Bay gamely fought off a late bid from Last Answer to win the inaugural $301,200 Nijinsky Stakes (Can-II) in an upset by a diminishing neck Sunday at Woodbine.
Rush Bay, ridden by Rafael Bejarano, rallied from just off the pace and held off Purim in a long stretch duel to score a head victory in Saturday's $109,000 Opening Verse Handicap for 3-year-olds and up on the turf at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Highland Reel Leads Every Step in King George
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires
- McCarthy, Trainer of General Quarters, Dies
- Ancient Secret Scores in Lake George
- Songbird Logs First Gallop at Saratoga