Street Life earned street cred at Saratoga Race Course July 27, punching his ticket to the Aug. 25 Travers Stakes (gr. I) by taking the $100,000 Curlin Stakes for Magnolia Racing Stable and Hidden Brook Farm.
Marathon Farm got a bargain when they bought Stone Hope, the dam of Belmont Stakes contender Street Life, for $25,000 in January.
Rush Bay gamely fought off a late bid from Last Answer to win the inaugural $301,200 Nijinsky Stakes (Can-II) in an upset by a diminishing neck Sunday at Woodbine.
Rush Bay, ridden by Rafael Bejarano, rallied from just off the pace and held off Purim in a long stretch duel to score a head victory in Saturday's $109,000 Opening Verse Handicap for 3-year-olds and up on the turf at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Owner-Breeder Nelson Bunker Hunt Dies
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Hollendorfer: Shared Belief Has 'Great' Work
- Report of Mares Bred Shows Modest Increase
- O'Neill and Racing's Slow Regulatory Process
- HRTV to Air Live Coverage of Breeders' Cup
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- F-T October Running Ahead of 2013 Record Pace
- Raffetto Joins New England HBPA Effort
- Podcast: Bob Baffert and the Breeders' Cup