Grade II winner Mud Route has been purchased by David Bernsen's Carondelet Farm, but will remain at stud at Rick Taylor's Special T Thoroughbreds near Temecula, Calif.
Under an emphatic ride from Patrick Valenzuela, Herrick Racing LLC's Short Route wore down the heavy favorite Inspiring to win the $109,700-added Railbird (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies by a neck at Hollywood Park Sunday.
American Mud, a yearling colt by the Strawberry Road stallion Mud Route, brought the top price of $7,750 at the Idaho Thoroughbred Association (ITA) mixed sale on July 25.
Mud Route and Epic Honor's First Winners Came June 19
Grade II winner Mud Route's first foal arrived on Jan. 12.
Most Popular Stories
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- NYRA Unveils 10-Race Claiming Series
- New York Sanctions Mott for Drug Overages
- Washington Owner/Breeder Paxton Dead at 76
- OBS Expects Solid Start for Auction Season
- Untapable, Tapiture Drill for Asmussen
- Five Tie for Fastest 3 Furlongs at OBS Show
- NY Investigation of Asmussen Case Completed
- 'Chrome' Set for San Antonio, Bayern Doubtful
- Main Sequence Works at Palm Meadows