Grade II winner Mud Route has been purchased by David Bernsen's Carondelet Farm, but will remain at stud at Rick Taylor's Special T Thoroughbreds near Temecula, Calif.
Under an emphatic ride from Patrick Valenzuela, Herrick Racing LLC's Short Route wore down the heavy favorite Inspiring to win the $109,700-added Railbird (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies by a neck at Hollywood Park Sunday.
American Mud, a yearling colt by the Strawberry Road stallion Mud Route, brought the top price of $7,750 at the Idaho Thoroughbred Association (ITA) mixed sale on July 25.
Mud Route and Epic Honor's First Winners Came June 19
Grade II winner Mud Route's first foal arrived on Jan. 12.
Most Popular Stories
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- Keeneland September Sale Sees More Gains
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- No Dice for Massachusetts Racing, Breeding
- What's Going On Here: Solid at the Core
- California Chrome Arrives at Parx Racing
- Suffolk Downs Loses Casino Bid on 3-1 Vote
- Injury Forces Sea The Moon's Retirement
- Is California Chrome Vulnerable in PA Derby?
- 'Gold Hopes to Keep Churchill Record Intact