Grade II winner Mud Route has been purchased by David Bernsen's Carondelet Farm, but will remain at stud at Rick Taylor's Special T Thoroughbreds near Temecula, Calif.
Under an emphatic ride from Patrick Valenzuela, Herrick Racing LLC's Short Route wore down the heavy favorite Inspiring to win the $109,700-added Railbird (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies by a neck at Hollywood Park Sunday.
American Mud, a yearling colt by the Strawberry Road stallion Mud Route, brought the top price of $7,750 at the Idaho Thoroughbred Association (ITA) mixed sale on July 25.
Mud Route and Epic Honor's First Winners Came June 19
Grade II winner Mud Route's first foal arrived on Jan. 12.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Mshawish Tops Taylor Made Roster, For Now
- Orb Colt Tops Fasig-Tipton Second Session
- Handy Work at Remington for Texas Chrome
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Twilight Son to Cheveley Park in 2017
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- No Raise for NYRA Discretionary Spending
- Malibu Moon, Tapit Colts Could Shine at F-T