Emerald Downs is experiencing a boost in daily purses and an extension of its 2005 racing season because of a $1.69-million investment by the Muckleshoot Indian Tribe, which owns the land beneath the Auburn, Wash., racetrack and operates a nearby casino.
The Muckleshoot Indian tribe of Washington will invest $1.6 million in purses and a vocational training program at Emerald Downs through 2005 in a partnership agreement announced by the track Aug. 12.
The Muckleshoot Indian Tribe completed purchase of the158 acres on which Emerald Downs racetrack sits, according to the Seattle Daily Journal.
Most Popular Stories
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 3-year-olds
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Kettle Corn to Stand in Ohio at Fair Winds
- Records on the Line in Final Native Diver Run
- String King to Try Dirt at Fair Grounds
- Kentucky Steps Toward Medication Uniformity
- Lucayan Well-Spotted in Hollywood Turf Cup
- Drug Testing Not Without Its Challenges
- Aftercare Alliance Awards $1M in Grants
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29