Buoyed by larger fields and increased purses, daily average handle increased 10.7% at the 70-day Emerald Downs' meeting that concluded Sept. 27.
Emerald Downs has announced several incentives for horsemen for the 70-day meet that runs April 18 through Sept. 27.
Average daily purses at Emerald Downs will see an increase of approximately 20% for the 2015 live racing season at the Auburn, Wash. track.
Emerald Downs was approved for a 91-day live racing season by the Washington Horse Racing Commission Jan. 11. Opening day will be on April 20.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham
- Twisted Tom Works Toward Belmont Stakes
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Souper Tapit Gets Graded Score in Marine Stakes
- Galileo, Coolmore Dominate European Classics
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner