Buoyed by larger fields and increased purses, daily average handle increased 10.7% at the 70-day Emerald Downs' meeting that concluded Sept. 27.
Emerald Downs has announced several incentives for horsemen for the 70-day meet that runs April 18 through Sept. 27.
Average daily purses at Emerald Downs will see an increase of approximately 20% for the 2015 live racing season at the Auburn, Wash. track.
Emerald Downs was approved for a 91-day live racing season by the Washington Horse Racing Commission Jan. 11. Opening day will be on April 20.
Most Popular Stories
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Exaggerator Gallops Lap Around Belmont Track
- Untapable Prepares for Start in Fleur de Lis
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- The Art of Exaggerator's Stud Deal
- Belterra Stakes Dead Heat Follows Churchill
- Magic Millions Weanling Sale Sets Records
- Trainer Rivelli Reaches 1,000th-Win Milestone
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park