Buoyed by larger fields and increased purses, daily average handle increased 10.7% at the 70-day Emerald Downs' meeting that concluded Sept. 27.
Emerald Downs has announced several incentives for horsemen for the 70-day meet that runs April 18 through Sept. 27.
Average daily purses at Emerald Downs will see an increase of approximately 20% for the 2015 live racing season at the Auburn, Wash. track.
Emerald Downs was approved for a 91-day live racing season by the Washington Horse Racing Commission Jan. 11. Opening day will be on April 20.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Posts Strong Mile Work
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Canadian Racing Channel HPItv to Remain on the Air
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- McCraken Top Individual in Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Barretts March Sale Catalogs 129 Horses
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend