The Muckleshoot Indian Tribe has reached agreement in principle with Northwest Racing Associates to acquire Emerald Downs in Auburn, Wash.
Washington-breds will be out in force Sept. 14 at Emerald Downs as the track features Washington Cup VI -- a series of seven races worth $350,000 in purses.
The Muckleshoot Indian tribe of Washington will invest $1.6 million in purses and a vocational training program at Emerald Downs through 2005 in a partnership agreement announced by the track Aug. 12.
The Muckleshoot Indian Tribe completed purchase of the158 acres on which Emerald Downs racetrack sits, according to the Seattle Daily Journal.
Emerald Downs' biggest competitor will soon own the track's 157-acre property. The Muckleshoot Indian Tribe has agreed to purchase the land where the 6-year-old racetrack sits.
Most Popular Stories
- Two IL Tracks File for Bankruptcy Protection
- British Racing Undertakes Education Program
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Golden Gate Winter/Spring Meet Starts Dec. 26
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Intriguing Maidens in MD Juvenile Futurity
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos