Solo Survivor got the first graded stakes win of her career when she went from last to first to win the $150,000 Matron Handicap (gr. III) at Arlington Park Sept. 8.
Round Heels has only started once on a synthetic surface in 21 races. But a repeat of that effort, when the 6-year-old Irish-bred mare came up a neck short in the Bayakoa Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Hollywood Park Cushion Track, would make her tough to beat in the $150,000 Arlington Matron Handicap (gr. III) Sept. 8.
Jockey Larry Sterling Jr. scored a double in the seventh annual Prairie State Festival, Arlington Park's six-race showcase for Illinois-bred Thoroughbreds. Both of the the veteran local rider's victories came on horses he was not originally slated to ride.
Most Popular Stories
- Rock Fall Euthanized After Keeneland Work
- Retired Jockey, Trainer Baboolal Dead at 65
- Ageless Treated for Injury After Stakes Win
- IHRC Votes to Remove Executive Director
- Criterion Among Caulfield Stakes Winners
- American Pharoah, Beholder Work for Classic
- Jockeys Find Keeneland Mile Race Challenging
- Ageless Sustains Cut in Franklin County Win
- Honor Code to Prepare for Classic at Belmont
- Two Ejected From Churchill Grounds