Tu Endie Wei, the Sovereign Award-winning champion 2-year-old filly of 2011, died Dec. 24 in Kentucky while undergoing an operation for fibrous adhesions.
Canadian champion filly Tu Endie Wei has been retired from racing to become a broodmare for Brereton C. Jones at his Airdrie Stud near Midway, Ky.
Back on her favorite track, Tu Endie Wei engaged 1-2 favorite Roxy Gap along the inside and refused to give way en route to a one-length victory in the $170,843 Seaway Stakes (Can-III) at Woodbine Sept. 1.
As expected, Biofuel dominated seven rival 3-year-old fillies in the $247,870 Selene Stakes (Can-III) with a two-length victory at Woodbine Sept. 26.
With a confident ride from Eurico Da Silva, heavily favored Biofuel registered her fourth win in five starts over Woodbine's Polytrack in the $158,370 La Lorgnette Stakes May 23.
Most Popular Stories
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Xpressbet to Sponsor 2015 Preakness Stakes
- Ness Aiming for Ninth Straight Tampa Title
- Baffert: Derby Win 'Was a Big Sigh of Relief'
- Derby Overnight Rating Highest Since 1992
- Medaglia d'Oro Weanling Tops Inglis Sale
- Spanish Queen Unmatched in Honeymoon Victory
- International Star Scratched from the Derby
- Lovely Maria Easily Captures Kentucky Oaks