Sixties Icon, an invader from England, is the 2-1 morning line favorite for the inaugural Breeders' Cup Marathon Oct. 24 at Santa Anita. Six of his eight career victories have been scored at the Marathon's distance of 1 1/2 miles or longer. In 2006, he became a European classic winner, taking the Ladbrokes St. Leger (Eng-I) by 2 1/2 lengths.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- Fast Uncle Mo Filly Tops F-T Midlantic Sale
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park
- Possible NYRA Plan Concerns Saratoga Group
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Call for Support