Grade II winner Lady Sabelia added the $100,000 Willa On the Move at Laurel Park to her resume Dec. 5, as Vorticity and Cathryn Sophia also landed impressive wins on the card.
Maryland-based Lady Sabelia's graded stakes debut in the $300,000 Barbara Fritchie Stakes (gr. II) was a runaway success at Laurel Park Feb. 14 as Mrs. Frank P. Wright's homebred mare led gate to wire.
The last time he raced at Pimlico, Yankee Wildcat set the five-furlong turf track record. Saturday, on a yielding course, he merely blew away his opposition to win the $75,000 Mister Diz Stakes for Maryland breds.
Most Popular Stories
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- Big Orange Gets Best of Order of St George in Gold Cup
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- Jockey Club Gold Cup Purse Lowered, Cigar Mile Hiked
- Battle of Midway Using Affirmed as Prep for Haskell
- It's Over: Parties Reach Agreement in Life At Ten Case
- Milestone Victory for Goodwin Comes at Canterbury Park
- Lady Aurelia Overpowers Males in King's Stand
- International Sire Elusive Quality Pensioned