Grade II winner Lady Sabelia added the $100,000 Willa On the Move at Laurel Park to her resume Dec. 5, as Vorticity and Cathryn Sophia also landed impressive wins on the card.
Maryland-based Lady Sabelia's graded stakes debut in the $300,000 Barbara Fritchie Stakes (gr. II) was a runaway success at Laurel Park Feb. 14 as Mrs. Frank P. Wright's homebred mare led gate to wire.
The last time he raced at Pimlico, Yankee Wildcat set the five-furlong turf track record. Saturday, on a yielding course, he merely blew away his opposition to win the $75,000 Mister Diz Stakes for Maryland breds.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- Wall, McKay Named to Media Honor Roll
- Holy Bull Stakes Goal for Gunnevera
- Top Global Runners Vie in Hong Kong Races
- Oxley Makes Pledge to Grayson-Jockey Club
- Three Rules Being Considered for Swale Stakes
- Del Mar to Pay Out Consolations for Pick 6