Cape Blanco won the champion male turf title by making three transatlantic trips to America and winning not only three grade I stakes, but three of the most prestigious turf stakes in America.
European invader Cape Blanco, making his United States debut, denied champion Gio Ponti a third straight victory in the $600,000 Man o' War (gr. IT) when he held him off in the stretch to win by about two lengths July 9.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Hollendorfer: Shared Belief Has 'Great' Work
- O'Neill and Racing's Slow Regulatory Process
- F-T October Running Ahead of 2013 Record Pace
- Raffetto Joins New England HBPA Effort
- HRTV to Air Live Coverage of Breeders' Cup
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- Trakus Coming to Some Australian Racecourses
- F-T October Yearling Sale Recap Day 2
- Podcast: Bob Baffert and the Breeders' Cup