Mrs. Carde Ostermann-Richter's Paolini, beaten less than a length in last year's Arlington Million (gr. IT) despite being denied racing room in the stretch run, will get a chance to make amends for that unlucky trip in 21st running of the Chicago centerpiece Saturday.
German-based Paolini, second in the 2001 running of the Canadian International and the 4-1 second choice in the morning line for Sunday's race, worked three furlongs in :37 2/5, breezing over the E.P. Taylor Turf Course Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Taris to be Sidelined After Injury in La Brea
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- No Stopping Irish Mission in La Prevoyante
- Ghost Bay Breaks Maiden in Maryland Juvenile
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Sam's Sister Stuns Taris in Quick La Brea
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- Prado 'Day to Day' After Gulfstream Spill