Mrs. Carde Ostermann-Richter's Paolini, beaten less than a length in last year's Arlington Million (gr. IT) despite being denied racing room in the stretch run, will get a chance to make amends for that unlucky trip in 21st running of the Chicago centerpiece Saturday.
German-based Paolini, second in the 2001 running of the Canadian International and the 4-1 second choice in the morning line for Sunday's race, worked three furlongs in :37 2/5, breezing over the E.P. Taylor Turf Course Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- White Passionforfashion Already Turning Heads
- Cozmic One, Full to Uncle Mo Meet at Belmont
- American Pharoah 'Just Cruising' in Workout
- Klein Awarded TRA Journalism Scholarship
- White Filly Beautiful Devil Carries Tradition
- Optimism High for Fasig-Tipton July Yearlings
- Espinoza Tied in World's Best Jock Standings
- Horse Greeley Sold to Stand in Argentina
- Two 'Super Saturdays' for Belmont Fall Meet
- Speedy Grade III Winner Chitu Retired