Mrs. Carde Ostermann-Richter's Paolini, beaten less than a length in last year's Arlington Million (gr. IT) despite being denied racing room in the stretch run, will get a chance to make amends for that unlucky trip in 21st running of the Chicago centerpiece Saturday.
German-based Paolini, second in the 2001 running of the Canadian International and the 4-1 second choice in the morning line for Sunday's race, worked three furlongs in :37 2/5, breezing over the E.P. Taylor Turf Course Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Impressive in Workout
- 2-Year-Olds Prep for Barretts Del Mar Sale
- Winning Crown Connections Feel It's Time
- War Story to Skip Belmont, Head to Ohio Derby
- Untapable Works Toward Ogden Phipps Stakes
- American Pharoah 'Went Great' in Slop at CD
- NBC Sports Commentators on 'Night School'
- KEDRC Makes Cobalt Policy Recommendation
- NY Begins Weekly Track Information Reports
- 'Win and You're In' Spot for Ordak Dan