Mrs. Carde Ostermann-Richter's Paolini, beaten less than a length in last year's Arlington Million (gr. IT) despite being denied racing room in the stretch run, will get a chance to make amends for that unlucky trip in 21st running of the Chicago centerpiece Saturday.
German-based Paolini, second in the 2001 running of the Canadian International and the 4-1 second choice in the morning line for Sunday's race, worked three furlongs in :37 2/5, breezing over the E.P. Taylor Turf Course Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Victorious in Bernard Baruch Return
- Itsmyluckyday Outfights Moreno in Woodward
- Palace Dazzles in Speedy Forego Triumph
- Sunset Glow Shines in Del Mar Debutante Win
- Avanzare Prevails in Washington Park Thriller
- Stonetastic Powers to Prioress Score
- Best Pal Winner Skyway Returns for Futurity
- Durkin Nears Finish Line of Brilliant Career
- Velazquez Receives Mike Venezia Award
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga