Casino Host, with a well-timed ride by John Velazquez, closed with determination on the outside to post a half-length win in the $400,000 Mervin H. Muniz Jr. Memorial Handicap (gr. IIT) at Fair Grounds April 1.
Smart Bid, who has claimed both of his graded stakes wins over the Fair Grounds turf course, will try to defend his Mervin H. Muniz Memorial Handicap (gr. IIT) title against nine others in the $400,000 turf race on April 1
Classy 6-year-old Smart Bid nailed pacesetter Mr. Vegas on the wire to score as the favorite in the $122,500 Fair Grounds Handicap (gr. IIIT) Feb. 25.
Mr. Vegas set a comfortable pace and had enough left in the stretch to defeat Dubious Miss in the $100,000 Colonel E. R. Bradley Handicap (gr. IIIT) Jan. 21 at Fair Grounds.
Eight-year-old gelding Dubious Miss has been close to winning graded stakes numerous times on Fair Grounds' turf course, and he will be given another shot Jan. 21 when he takes on seven in the Col. E. R. Bradley Handicap.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate
- HKJC Executive to Give Round Table Keynote
- OK-Bred GI Winner Clever Trevor Dies at 31
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Creator, Gun Runner Work in Saratoga
- NY Alters Rules on Claims, Some Medications