Casino Host, with a well-timed ride by John Velazquez, closed with determination on the outside to post a half-length win in the $400,000 Mervin H. Muniz Jr. Memorial Handicap (gr. IIT) at Fair Grounds April 1.
Smart Bid, who has claimed both of his graded stakes wins over the Fair Grounds turf course, will try to defend his Mervin H. Muniz Memorial Handicap (gr. IIT) title against nine others in the $400,000 turf race on April 1
Classy 6-year-old Smart Bid nailed pacesetter Mr. Vegas on the wire to score as the favorite in the $122,500 Fair Grounds Handicap (gr. IIIT) Feb. 25.
Mr. Vegas set a comfortable pace and had enough left in the stretch to defeat Dubious Miss in the $100,000 Colonel E. R. Bradley Handicap (gr. IIIT) Jan. 21 at Fair Grounds.
Eight-year-old gelding Dubious Miss has been close to winning graded stakes numerous times on Fair Grounds' turf course, and he will be given another shot Jan. 21 when he takes on seven in the Col. E. R. Bradley Handicap.
Most Popular Stories
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Big Fields for Hollywood's Final Curtain Call
- Legacy Bloodstock Relaunched by Easthams
- Bourbon Courage Faces Csaba, Neck 'n Neck
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North
- OwnerView to Host October Ownership Seminar
- OH Panel to New Track: No Tellers, No Permit