Northern California jockey Roberto Gonzalez earned his 4,000th victory Monday when he drove 31-1 shot Peak a Bootrando to victory in the seventh race at Golden Gate Fields.
Catherine Wills' and Peter Karches' Dynever has been installed as the 7/5 favorite for Saturday's $500,000 Lone Star Derby (gr. III) over nine furlongs.
James Vreeland's Mr. Technique and jockey Roberto Gonzalez rallied from the back of the pack to defeat 4-5 favorite Apalachian Thunder and Russell Baze by a length in Saturday's $100,000 Bay Meadows Derby.
Kafwain, who finished second to stablemate Vindication in the $1 million Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) on Oct. 26 at Arlington Park, stands out among a field of six 3-year-olds entered in Santa Anita's $150,000 San Vicente Stakes (gr. II) Saturday at seven furlongs.
Trainer A.C. Avila indicated Wednesday morning that Manhattan Express would be supplemented to Saturday's $200,000 Norfolk Stakes (gr. II) at a cost of $4,000.
Most Popular Stories
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- VanMeter-Gentry Loaded at Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- BH 100: The Royal Treatment
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- Roca Rojo Closes for Athenia Victory
- Seven-Time Group I Winner Buffering Retired