Northern California jockey Roberto Gonzalez earned his 4,000th victory Monday when he drove 31-1 shot Peak a Bootrando to victory in the seventh race at Golden Gate Fields.
Catherine Wills' and Peter Karches' Dynever has been installed as the 7/5 favorite for Saturday's $500,000 Lone Star Derby (gr. III) over nine furlongs.
James Vreeland's Mr. Technique and jockey Roberto Gonzalez rallied from the back of the pack to defeat 4-5 favorite Apalachian Thunder and Russell Baze by a length in Saturday's $100,000 Bay Meadows Derby.
Kafwain, who finished second to stablemate Vindication in the $1 million Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) on Oct. 26 at Arlington Park, stands out among a field of six 3-year-olds entered in Santa Anita's $150,000 San Vicente Stakes (gr. II) Saturday at seven furlongs.
Trainer A.C. Avila indicated Wednesday morning that Manhattan Express would be supplemented to Saturday's $200,000 Norfolk Stakes (gr. II) at a cost of $4,000.
Most Popular Stories
- After Anxious Moment, American Pharoah Cool
- Tonalist, Noble Bird Among Whitney Workers
- Retired Trainer Dutton Dies at 87
- Most Inspiring First Winner for Gio Ponti
- Jockey Russell Back in Action at Laurel
- Rachel's Valentina to Debut Aug. 2 at Spa
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Texas Reports Five Encephalitis Cases
- Loooch Racing on the Lookout for Top Horses
- Smart Transition Powers Home in Curlin