A large and wide-open field of 12 was entered for Turfway Park's signature race and at least one of the winners should be moving on to Louisville six weeks from now.
Mr. Prankster emphatically answered the two-turn question Feb. 4, closing strongly and drawing off to win the one-mile WEBN Stakes at Turfway Park by 7 1/2 lengths.
Mr. Prankster will try for his second stakes win in a row when he lines up for the $50,000 WEBN Stakes Feb. 4 at Turfway, but he faces tough competition in Phantom Fury and his own stablemate, Magical Season.
Favored Mr. Prankster, making his first start in six weeks, came from off the pace to win the $50,000 Turfway Prevue Stakes at Turfway Park on the night of Jan. 7.
WinStar Farm and Todd Pletcher hope history will repeat itself, as likely favorite Gemologist leads a field of 11 juveniles in the Kentucky Jockey Club Stakes (gr. II) Nov. 26 at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Heir Kitty Set for Return in Great Lady M
- Jockey Morales Posts 1,000th Career Victory
- Equine Infectious Disease Outbreak Response 101
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- Hoppertunity Heading Home to California
- Full Field of 14 Contest Wide-Open Modesty
- Hialeah Sees New Thoroughbred Opportunity
- Princess of Sylmar Seeks Del 'Cap Rebound
- Panel: Change in Culture Needed in Racing
- Sky Lantern Takes Second Crack at Falmouth