A large and wide-open field of 12 was entered for Turfway Park's signature race and at least one of the winners should be moving on to Louisville six weeks from now.
Mr. Prankster emphatically answered the two-turn question Feb. 4, closing strongly and drawing off to win the one-mile WEBN Stakes at Turfway Park by 7 1/2 lengths.
Mr. Prankster will try for his second stakes win in a row when he lines up for the $50,000 WEBN Stakes Feb. 4 at Turfway, but he faces tough competition in Phantom Fury and his own stablemate, Magical Season.
Favored Mr. Prankster, making his first start in six weeks, came from off the pace to win the $50,000 Turfway Prevue Stakes at Turfway Park on the night of Jan. 7.
WinStar Farm and Todd Pletcher hope history will repeat itself, as likely favorite Gemologist leads a field of 11 juveniles in the Kentucky Jockey Club Stakes (gr. II) Nov. 26 at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Hollendorfer: Shared Belief Has 'Great' Work
- O'Neill and Racing's Slow Regulatory Process
- Raffetto Joins New England HBPA Effort
- F-T October Running Ahead of 2013 Record Pace
- HRTV to Air Live Coverage of Breeders' Cup
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- Podcast: Bob Baffert and the Breeders' Cup
- Trainer D'Amato's Success Long Time in Coming
- Trakus Coming to Some Australian Racecourses