Stanley Ersoff's Band Is Passing is the 119-pound highweight for the $100,000 Flying Pidgeon Handicap Saturday at Calder Race Course.
Hall of Fame trainer Bobby Frankel, a staple in Southern California but a rarity in South Florida, plans on saddling Jerome and John W. Amerman's Lido Palace in the Donn Handicap (gr. I) Feb. 9 at Gulfstream Park. In other news, Mr. Pleasantfar is passing on the Mac Diarmida Handicap (gr. III) to tackle instead the Gulfstream Park Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. I)
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31
- Northwest Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Laoban Works Toward Return
- Track Maintenance Internships Being Offered