Mr. Mabee, a stakes-winning son of Storm Cat -- Young Flyer, by Flying Paster, will stand the 2014 season at Robin Murphy's Poplar Creek Horse Ranch near Bethel, Ohio. His fee will be $1,500.
Stakes winner Mr. Mabee was represented by his first winner when his son Mabeemore won at Hoosier Park Oct. 6 in his first start.
Robert Bone's Desert Boom, a grade III winner in his last start, broke on top and never looked back in capturing the $138,000 Claiming Crown Jewel, the central attraction of Saturday's annual series of races for Thoroughbred racing's blue collar workers at Canterbury Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Lenny's Place - Episode 7
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Untapable, Tapiture Settle in at Fair Grounds
- New Rules Lead to Spike in Indiana Positives
- New York Panel Announces Winning Casino Bids
- NYTHA Has Plan to Deal With Election Protest
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- 2014 Auctions Digest
- Canterbury Park Announces 2015 Stakes Slate