Mr. Mabee, a stakes-winning son of Storm Cat -- Young Flyer, by Flying Paster, will stand the 2014 season at Robin Murphy's Poplar Creek Horse Ranch near Bethel, Ohio. His fee will be $1,500.
Stakes winner Mr. Mabee was represented by his first winner when his son Mabeemore won at Hoosier Park Oct. 6 in his first start.
Robert Bone's Desert Boom, a grade III winner in his last start, broke on top and never looked back in capturing the $138,000 Claiming Crown Jewel, the central attraction of Saturday's annual series of races for Thoroughbred racing's blue collar workers at Canterbury Park.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Has Lone Churchill Breeze
- Puca Works Four Furlongs in Oaks Prep
- Kentucky Derby: Dortmund in the House
- Positive Forecast for Kentucky Derby, Oaks
- Jones Fillies Drill for Kentucky Oaks
- Kentucky Derby News Update: April 26, 2015
- Three Derby Hopefuls Have Derby-Winning Sires
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- Dortmund Runs Easy in Final Derby Drill
- KY Derby: Zayats & Baffert - American Pharoah