Mr. Mabee, a stakes-winning son of Storm Cat -- Young Flyer, by Flying Paster, will stand the 2014 season at Robin Murphy's Poplar Creek Horse Ranch near Bethel, Ohio. His fee will be $1,500.
Stakes winner Mr. Mabee was represented by his first winner when his son Mabeemore won at Hoosier Park Oct. 6 in his first start.
Robert Bone's Desert Boom, a grade III winner in his last start, broke on top and never looked back in capturing the $138,000 Claiming Crown Jewel, the central attraction of Saturday's annual series of races for Thoroughbred racing's blue collar workers at Canterbury Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Chasing Landaluce
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 2-Year-Olds
- General Quarters Moves to Crestwood Farm
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Tests in Hong Kong
- That Handicapping Show: Claiming Crown 2013
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Dale Romans - Little Mike
- Tattersalls Ends Year With Soaring Figures
- Hollendorfer Sends Out Pair in Bayakoa
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?