Desert Boom, a well-traveled son of Boomerang owned by Robert Bone and trained by Art Sherman, is the 2-1 morning line favorite for the Oak Tree Racing Association's marquee finale on Sunday, the $250,000 California Cup Classic.
Until Sundown held off Top Hit in the stretch to earn a neck-length victory in Sunday's $100,000 Affirmed Handicap. The win marks the first graded stakes victory for both Until Sundown and trainer Laura De Seroux.
Stable notes from Oak Tree at Santa Anita on Wednesday works for stakes horses.
Most Popular Stories
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Reddam's Bond Holder Succumbs to Laminitis
- California Chrome Cruises at Los Alamitos
- Frac Daddy Powers Home in Ben Ali
- Kentucky Derby Stars Come Out at Keeneland
- It's a Dundeel Wins at Aussie Championships
- Rosalind Works Toward Kentucky Oaks
- Vicar's in Trouble Turns in Derby Work
- Mine That Bird Still Flies in Kentucky
- My Miss Sophia, Got Lucky Breeze at Churchill