Live Oak Plantation's Les Grands Trois has been the victor in all but one of his four career starts despite an on-again off-again training regimen due to physical issues. The son of Officer looks for his first graded stakes win in the $200,000 Perryville (gr. III) at Keeneland Oct. 13.
Fresh off a victory in the Sept. 3 Tom Ridge Labor Day Stakes over the Tapeta surface at Presque Isle Downs, Tom Walters' Elite Squadron heads a field of 11 3-year-olds for the Sept. 29 Kentucky Cup Sprint (gr. III) at Turfway.
A record price for a juvenile filly sold at Keeneland was established during the one-day 2-year-old in training sale April 17 when California billionaire B. Wayne Hughes went to $1.75 million for a daughter of Mineshaft.
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's June 2-year-olds in training sale concluded Wednesday with increases in overall gross and average price.
Most Popular Stories
- Los Alamitos Schedules California Chrome Day
- Keeneland to Handle VinMar Dispersal
- Review: Spa Surface Not Factor in Fatalities
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Baffert Reflects on Arrogate's Travers Romp
- BH 100: Rapping at Derby's Door
- PA-Breds, Cathryn Sophia Head Parx Program
- Aftercare: The Challenges of Tracking Horses
- Infographic: All Time Leading Earners 2016
- Rich Tapestry's Korea Sprint Start in Doubt