Mr Combustible, a two-time English group winner and third in the classic Rothmans Royals St. Leger (Eng-I), has been retired from racing to stand at Beechbrook Stud in County Wicklow in Ireland,
Trainer Aidan O'Brien, who recently swept both the Irish One Thousand (Ire-I) and Two Thousand Guineas (Ire-I), completed another classic double at Epsom Saturday when Galileo gave him his first Vodafone Epsom Derby (Eng-I) victory. Galileo's win also completed a classic sweep for sire Sadler's Wells, who also sired Friday's Epsom Oaks (Eng-I) winner, the O'Brien-trained Imagine.
Ireland's Coolmore Stud reportedly is attempting to purchase all or part of Golan, the Sagitta Two Thousand Guineas winner who is expected to go off as one of the favorites in Saturday's Vodafone Epsom Derby (Eng-I) in England.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Madam Dancealot Closes From Last to Win San Clemente
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Girvin Has Final Work Ahead of Haskell
- Glamanation First Stakes Winner for Point of Entry
- Gun Runner Posts Bullet in Breeze for Whitney
- Raison d'Etat Gets First Winner
- Brown in High Spirits After Three Saratoga Wins