From the time he was a foal at Harris Farms in California's Central Valley, California Chrome made sure people noticed him. With his flashy markings, the chestnut colt was easy to spot, but he seemed to seek out attention.
Lady Railrider has been retired from racing and has been shipped to Harris Farms near Coalinga, Calif., to begin her new career as a broodmare.
Steve Specht, a mainstay in the Northern California training ranks since the mid-1980s, collected his 1,000th career victory Oct. 28 at Golden Gate Fields when his 2-year-old filly Veillit' won the fifth race.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast
- OBS Yearling Sale Stays Steady on Final Day
- Travers Stakes: High Anxiety
- Violette Undecided on Travers for Upstart
- Making a Case for Transparency
- Illinois Vote Could Impact Thoroughbred Dates
- Stellar Wind Tops Torrey Pines Field
- Keeneland Plans for Sale Activity During BC