From the time he was a foal at Harris Farms in California's Central Valley, California Chrome made sure people noticed him. With his flashy markings, the chestnut colt was easy to spot, but he seemed to seek out attention.
Lady Railrider has been retired from racing and has been shipped to Harris Farms near Coalinga, Calif., to begin her new career as a broodmare.
Steve Specht, a mainstay in the Northern California training ranks since the mid-1980s, collected his 1,000th career victory Oct. 28 at Golden Gate Fields when his 2-year-old filly Veillit' won the fifth race.
Most Popular Stories
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Lady Eli Showing Improvement From Laminitis
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- Desormeaux Failed Breathalyzer at Del Mar
- Untapable Looks for Shuvee Relief
- First Winners for Pair of Louisiana Stallions
- Gimme Da Lute Brings Class to Real Good Deal
- Emerald Downs to Unveil New Video Screen
- Protonico Heads Monmouth Cup Stakes Cast
- His Race to Win Seeking Repeat in Seagram Cup