John Hills, who saddled Dark Islander off the plane to win the Oak Tree Derby (gr. IIT) on Oct. 14 for his first victory in the United States, is back from his native England with Clinet in Sunday's Las Palmas Handicap (gr. IIT) for fillies and mares on the Santa Anita turf.
Multiple grade I winner Ticker Tape ended a nine-race losing streak Thursday as the 5-year-old mare edged slightly favored Movie Star in a tense stretch duel in Santa Anita's $81,350 Tuzla Handicap for fillies and mares at one mile on turf.
The Irish-bred outsider Silver Cup overtook Ticker Tape in the final strides to win the $150,000 San Gorgonio Handicap (gr. IIT) for fillies and mares on the Santa Anita Park lawn Sunday.
The 6-year-old mare Star Parade, who has won $935,419 in her career, seeks her first victory on the turf in the $150,000 San Gorgonio Handicap (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita Park Sunday.
Godolphin Racing's Japanese-bred Sundrop, vanned off after her last-place finish in the Emirates Airlines Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT) last month, swept past the field in the stretch to win the $175,050 Cardinal Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Churchill Downs turf Saturday.
An overflow field of 16 older fillies and mares headed by Brazilian import Movie Star and local star Delta Princess has been entered for Saturday's $150,000-added Cardinal Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the turf at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Keen Ice Springs Travers Upset on 'Pharoah'
- Runhappy Romps to Record King's Bishop Score
- Loss Can't Derail Pharoah Phenomenon
- Island Town Crushes Smarty Jones Field
- Private Zone Speeds to Forego Victory
- Flintshire Flies Away From Sword Dancer Foes
- Australian Trainer Bart Cummings Dies at 87
- Sheer Drama Plays Spoiler in Personal Ensign
- Chilean Invader Dacita Takes Ballston Spa
- Unbridled Forever Rolls to First Grade I Win