With no opposition in sight, the Kentucky Racing Commission on Sept. 24 officially revised its Thoroughbred race-day medication policy to reduce the number of permitted substances from 16 to five.
The scratch of Joseph Vitello's Tenpins from the $400,000 Kentucky Cup Classic at Turfway Park Sept. 14 could lead the Kentucky Racing Commission to revise its four-hour rule, perhaps as soon as Sept. 24.
Most Popular Stories
- Dettori Named 'World's Best Jockey' for 2015
- Turfway Park Begins Four-Month Run Dec. 3
- Los Alamitos Set for 12-Day Meet
- Business Strong at Churchill Downs Fall Meet
- Average, Median Down at Tattersalls Mare Sale
- Tonalist Charges to Cigar Mile Victory
- Stormy Lucy Provides Matriarch Stunner
- Mr Speaker Retired, Will Stand at Lane's End
- Del Mar Sees Daily Handle Drop for Fall Meet
- Melmich Breaks Track Record in Valedictory