With no opposition in sight, the Kentucky Racing Commission on Sept. 24 officially revised its Thoroughbred race-day medication policy to reduce the number of permitted substances from 16 to five.
The scratch of Joseph Vitello's Tenpins from the $400,000 Kentucky Cup Classic at Turfway Park Sept. 14 could lead the Kentucky Racing Commission to revise its four-hour rule, perhaps as soon as Sept. 24.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Owner/Breeder Aaron Jones Dies
- McEvoy Steps Down as Godolphin Jockey
- Consignors Busy Ahead of Louisiana Sale
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Heart to Heart Among Eight for Jefferson Cup
- Shared Belief Needs to be Awesome...Again
- Juddmonte's Elite Miler Kingman Retired
- Goldencents to Remain in California
- Al Shaqab's Toronado to National Stud in 2015
- Indiana Immediately Suspends Two Licensees