With no opposition in sight, the Kentucky Racing Commission on Sept. 24 officially revised its Thoroughbred race-day medication policy to reduce the number of permitted substances from 16 to five.
The scratch of Joseph Vitello's Tenpins from the $400,000 Kentucky Cup Classic at Turfway Park Sept. 14 could lead the Kentucky Racing Commission to revise its four-hour rule, perhaps as soon as Sept. 24.
Most Popular Stories
- Ohio Begins Examination of Medication Rules
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23
- Texas Red Set for Super Return in San Vicente
- Superficial Digital Flexor Tendon Rupture in Older Horses
- Palace Malice Sustains Minor Foot Bruise
- Euro Exchange Tops Finale at OBS Winter Sale
- Upstart is Uplifting for Joanne Nielsen
- 82 Supplements to F-T Winter Mixed Sale
- Majestic Affair, Lindisfarne Win at Laurel
- Penn National Gaming Reports Losses for 2014