With no opposition in sight, the Kentucky Racing Commission on Sept. 24 officially revised its Thoroughbred race-day medication policy to reduce the number of permitted substances from 16 to five.
The scratch of Joseph Vitello's Tenpins from the $400,000 Kentucky Cup Classic at Turfway Park Sept. 14 could lead the Kentucky Racing Commission to revise its four-hour rule, perhaps as soon as Sept. 24.
Most Popular Stories
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Chasing Landaluce
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Test in Hong Kong
- Horizontal Navigation: Breeding Tab
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Hialeah May Push for Thoroughbred License
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown