With no opposition in sight, the Kentucky Racing Commission on Sept. 24 officially revised its Thoroughbred race-day medication policy to reduce the number of permitted substances from 16 to five.
The scratch of Joseph Vitello's Tenpins from the $400,000 Kentucky Cup Classic at Turfway Park Sept. 14 could lead the Kentucky Racing Commission to revise its four-hour rule, perhaps as soon as Sept. 24.
Most Popular Stories
- Princess Violet Tops Ruffian Stakes Entrants
- Pletcher Considers Preakness Stakes Options
- Unspurned Seeks Repeat Performance in Hendrie
- KHRC Vote on Salix Threshold Triggers Debate
- Wolf Man Rocket Ships in for Peter Pan Stakes
- Beholder, Warren's Veneda Face Off in Vanity
- Hardest Core in Man o' War vs. Imagining
- NYRA to Cap Belmont Attendance at 90,000
- Keeneland Simulcast Operations to Red Mile
- MarketWatch: Jamie Hill on Sires, Pinhooking