With no opposition in sight, the Kentucky Racing Commission on Sept. 24 officially revised its Thoroughbred race-day medication policy to reduce the number of permitted substances from 16 to five.
The scratch of Joseph Vitello's Tenpins from the $400,000 Kentucky Cup Classic at Turfway Park Sept. 14 could lead the Kentucky Racing Commission to revise its four-hour rule, perhaps as soon as Sept. 24.
Most Popular Stories
- Easter Filly for Horse of the Year Zenyatta
- Trainer Jones Continues to Recover From Fall
- After the Wire: Top 5 Derby Prep Races
- Champion Filly Beholder Coasts in 2014 Debut
- Santa Anita Winter Meet Handle Up 4%
- Dude! Imperative Shocks Charles Town Classic
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Wildcat Red, With Saez, Works at Gulfstream
- Bejarano Takes Santa Anita Jockey Title
- Featured Horse Profile: Frac Daddy