Presque Isle Downs, the new Erie, Pa., track owned by MTR Gaming Group, will install Michael Dickinson's synthetic Tapeta racing surface before its inaugural Thoroughbred meet begins Sept. 1.
Beulah Park racetrack near Grove City, Ohio, cancelled its Thursday race card out of respect for the family of apprentice jockey Josh Radosevich, who died Wednesday in an accident during the third race.
The $600,000 pot for Saturday's West Virginia Derby has lured 12 runners, including five stakes winners.
MTR Gaming Group, the owner of Mountaineer Race Track and Gaming Resort, hits some new financial records for the third quarter but still reported a decline in earnings per share.
With minimal discussion, Pennsylvania racing commissioners Thursday morning granted MTR Gaming permission to build and operate a new racetrack in Erie.
The owner of Mountaineer Race Track and Resort in West Virginia took a huge hit in the stock market Friday morning after releasing poor second quarter earnings.
MTR Gaming Group, the owner of Mountaineer Race Track and Gaming Resort, reported double digit increases in revenue, earnings, and net income for the first quarter ending March 31.
Most Popular Stories
- Early Nominees to Triple Crown Races Increase
- Futura Powerful J&B Met Winner at Kenilworth
- Complete List of Triple Crown Nominees
- Aqueduct Cancels Racing for Saturday, Jan. 31
- Far Right Works, Confirmed for Southwest
- Leave the Light On Off Derby Trail
- The Legacy of Gone West
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23
- Honor Code, Top Billing Near 4YO Debuts
- Withers Favorite El Kabeir Breezes at Belmont