Presque Isle Downs, the new Erie, Pa., track owned by MTR Gaming Group, will install Michael Dickinson's synthetic Tapeta racing surface before its inaugural Thoroughbred meet begins Sept. 1.
Beulah Park racetrack near Grove City, Ohio, cancelled its Thursday race card out of respect for the family of apprentice jockey Josh Radosevich, who died Wednesday in an accident during the third race.
The $600,000 pot for Saturday's West Virginia Derby has lured 12 runners, including five stakes winners.
MTR Gaming Group, the owner of Mountaineer Race Track and Gaming Resort, hits some new financial records for the third quarter but still reported a decline in earnings per share.
With minimal discussion, Pennsylvania racing commissioners Thursday morning granted MTR Gaming permission to build and operate a new racetrack in Erie.
The owner of Mountaineer Race Track and Resort in West Virginia took a huge hit in the stock market Friday morning after releasing poor second quarter earnings.
MTR Gaming Group, the owner of Mountaineer Race Track and Gaming Resort, reported double digit increases in revenue, earnings, and net income for the first quarter ending March 31.
Most Popular Stories
- ThistleDown Racino Meet to Begin April 19
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Downey Profile: Improvement Mandated in Rebel
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- New Standards May Be Imposed on NY Stewards
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff