Rize, the starting lightweight at 112 pounds, drew off through the Monmouth Park stretch to a nine-length win in the $350,000 Philip H. Iselin Handicap (gr. II).
Sir Bear, the 118-pound highweight for Sunday's $350,000 Philip H. Iselin Handicap (gr. II), drew post position three for the 1 1/8-mile race.
Barbara Smollin's Sir Bear will start as the 118-pound highweight when he faces Stonehedge Farm's Blazing Sword in Sunday's $350,000 Philip H. Iselin Handicap (gr. II) at Monmouth Park.
Stronach Stable's Golden Missile, only considered a "possible" entrant for Sunday's $350,000 Philip H. Iselin Handicap (gr. II) at Monmouth Park, was assigned top weight of 121 pounds for the race. Ecton Park and Sir Bear are listed next at 118 pounds.
Most Popular Stories
- Del Mar Sets Plan to Solve Turf Course Issue
- Some Top Trainers Support Phasing Out Salix
- WV Hires New Lab; Purse Money Still in Limbo
- Indiana Sire Lantana Mob Gets First Winner
- Champion She's a Tiger Retired
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Tumor Side Effect Leads to Filly's Group I DQ
- Bertha Wright of Calumet Dynasty Dies at 94
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Del Mar Once Again Shifting Races Off Turf