Rize, the starting lightweight at 112 pounds, drew off through the Monmouth Park stretch to a nine-length win in the $350,000 Philip H. Iselin Handicap (gr. II).
Sir Bear, the 118-pound highweight for Sunday's $350,000 Philip H. Iselin Handicap (gr. II), drew post position three for the 1 1/8-mile race.
Barbara Smollin's Sir Bear will start as the 118-pound highweight when he faces Stonehedge Farm's Blazing Sword in Sunday's $350,000 Philip H. Iselin Handicap (gr. II) at Monmouth Park.
Stronach Stable's Golden Missile, only considered a "possible" entrant for Sunday's $350,000 Philip H. Iselin Handicap (gr. II) at Monmouth Park, was assigned top weight of 121 pounds for the race. Ecton Park and Sir Bear are listed next at 118 pounds.
Most Popular Stories
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Lights of Medina Leads Pletcher Trio in Mother Goose
- Curlin's Approval Heads Princess Rooney
- Holy Helena Favored for Queen's Plate
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Delta Bluesman Aims to Repeat in Smile Sprint
- Fasig-Tipton Horses of Racing Age Sale Offers Diversity