Rize, the starting lightweight at 112 pounds, drew off through the Monmouth Park stretch to a nine-length win in the $350,000 Philip H. Iselin Handicap (gr. II).
Sir Bear, the 118-pound highweight for Sunday's $350,000 Philip H. Iselin Handicap (gr. II), drew post position three for the 1 1/8-mile race.
Barbara Smollin's Sir Bear will start as the 118-pound highweight when he faces Stonehedge Farm's Blazing Sword in Sunday's $350,000 Philip H. Iselin Handicap (gr. II) at Monmouth Park.
Stronach Stable's Golden Missile, only considered a "possible" entrant for Sunday's $350,000 Philip H. Iselin Handicap (gr. II) at Monmouth Park, was assigned top weight of 121 pounds for the race. Ecton Park and Sir Bear are listed next at 118 pounds.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome to Go for the Green in Hollywood Derby
- Secret Circle, Itsmyluckyday in Cigar Mile
- Cary Street Leads 11 in Hawthorne Gold Cup
- Churchill Proposes Derby Bet on Winning Sire
- Derby Winners Have Enjoyed Turf Success
- Lord Nelson Could Rule Kentucky Jockey Club
- Speedy Cassatt Dusts Rivals in Zia Park Oaks
- Romans Likes Added Distance for Remsen Pair
- Unbeaten Dame Dorothy Can Cap Year in Comely
- Maryland Jockey Club Focus on Daily Product