Led by Zayat Stable's talented but lightly raced Paynter, a field of 11 sophomores was entered in the $200,000 The Cliff's Edge Derby Trial (gr. III) on opening night of the Churchill Downs spring meet April 28.
If Jonathan Sheppard could ever get Ever So Lucky started, he might find out if the colt is a legitimate Kentucky Derby (gr. I) contender. Hopefully, he will finally get a chance March 10 in the $150,000 Swale (gr. III).
Motor City, a 3-year-old son of Street Sense and winner of last fall's Iroquois Stakes (gr. II), worked five furlongs in 1:01.88 at Palm Meadows Training Center Feb. 23. The bullet at the trip was recorded by Dialed In.
Trainer has promising juveniles Motor City and Timely Tally. read blog
Street Sense, the 2007 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner and the previous year's Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) winner, came through with his first stakes winner.
Motor City, chugging along at the rail for Calvin Borel, edged past Seven Lively Sins at mid-stretch and held on for a three-quarters of a length victory in the $110,700 Iroquois Stakes (gr. III) at Churchill Downs Oct. 30.
Mr. Bowling, the lone stakes winner in a field of seven juveniles, will carry top weight of 120 pounds in the $100,000 Iroquois (gr. III) on opening day of the Churchill Downs fall meet Oct. 30.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish Jockey Suspended After Drug Positive
- Hoppertunity, Constitution Head Clark
- Indiana Trainer Facing Three-Year Suspension
- American Pharoah Touted in Derby Future Wager
- Sweeping New Drug Rules Approved in New York
- Millennium Releases Stallion Roster, Fees
- Voting Open for Secretariat Vox Populi Award
- Penn National Postpones Big Wednesday Card
- Old Friends Sets Open House for Silver Charm
- Hoppertunity Gets Churchill Chance in Clark