Led by Zayat Stable's talented but lightly raced Paynter, a field of 11 sophomores was entered in the $200,000 The Cliff's Edge Derby Trial (gr. III) on opening night of the Churchill Downs spring meet April 28.
If Jonathan Sheppard could ever get Ever So Lucky started, he might find out if the colt is a legitimate Kentucky Derby (gr. I) contender. Hopefully, he will finally get a chance March 10 in the $150,000 Swale (gr. III).
Motor City, a 3-year-old son of Street Sense and winner of last fall's Iroquois Stakes (gr. II), worked five furlongs in 1:01.88 at Palm Meadows Training Center Feb. 23. The bullet at the trip was recorded by Dialed In.
Trainer has promising juveniles Motor City and Timely Tally. read blog
Street Sense, the 2007 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner and the previous year's Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) winner, came through with his first stakes winner.
Motor City, chugging along at the rail for Calvin Borel, edged past Seven Lively Sins at mid-stretch and held on for a three-quarters of a length victory in the $110,700 Iroquois Stakes (gr. III) at Churchill Downs Oct. 30.
Mr. Bowling, the lone stakes winner in a field of seven juveniles, will carry top weight of 120 pounds in the $100,000 Iroquois (gr. III) on opening day of the Churchill Downs fall meet Oct. 30.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- Amid Gloomy Forecast, Illinois Sets Dates
- Broadcast Honors for Santa Anita, NYRA
- Goffs Orby Off to Solid Start