Led by Zayat Stable's talented but lightly raced Paynter, a field of 11 sophomores was entered in the $200,000 The Cliff's Edge Derby Trial (gr. III) on opening night of the Churchill Downs spring meet April 28.
If Jonathan Sheppard could ever get Ever So Lucky started, he might find out if the colt is a legitimate Kentucky Derby (gr. I) contender. Hopefully, he will finally get a chance March 10 in the $150,000 Swale (gr. III).
Motor City, a 3-year-old son of Street Sense and winner of last fall's Iroquois Stakes (gr. II), worked five furlongs in 1:01.88 at Palm Meadows Training Center Feb. 23. The bullet at the trip was recorded by Dialed In.
Trainer has promising juveniles Motor City and Timely Tally. read blog
Street Sense, the 2007 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner and the previous year's Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) winner, came through with his first stakes winner.
Motor City, chugging along at the rail for Calvin Borel, edged past Seven Lively Sins at mid-stretch and held on for a three-quarters of a length victory in the $110,700 Iroquois Stakes (gr. III) at Churchill Downs Oct. 30.
Mr. Bowling, the lone stakes winner in a field of seven juveniles, will carry top weight of 120 pounds in the $100,000 Iroquois (gr. III) on opening day of the Churchill Downs fall meet Oct. 30.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Gold Cup Day
- Zayat Pinhooking Venture Returns Large Profit
- Graded Stakes Winner Destin Set for 2017 Debut
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Familiar Faces Highlight New York Showcase
- Litfin: Gold Cup Figures to Set up Well for Accelerate
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park