Jockey Patrick Husbands won Sunday's $182,950 George C. Hendrie Stakes (Can-III) at Woodbine aboard El Prado Essence, a horse that carries special significance for him on Mother's Day.
By Richard Zwirn -- Soon, we will celebrate Mother's Day. Of course, I will send my mom a card, my mother-in-law some chocolates, and my wife will undoubtedly receive all sorts of handcrafted gifts from our children. The mothers in our broodmare band will also be recognized.
Arlington Park, outside Chicago, has changed its post time to 1:30 p.m., except for Fridays.
Most Popular Stories
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- Back on Dirt at Keeneland; New Track Opens
- Deep Spinaway Cast for Durkin's Final Call
- OBS August Yearling Sale Ends With Declines
- Pleasantly Perfect to Taylor Made Stallions
- I Spent It, Competitve Edge Enter Hopeful
- Cat's Claw Seeks Four in a Row in Glens Falls
- Enterprising Chases Sweep in Del Mar Derby
- Startup Nation Impresses in With Anticipation
- Bandbox Retired to Northview Stallion Station