Jockey Patrick Husbands won Sunday's $182,950 George C. Hendrie Stakes (Can-III) at Woodbine aboard El Prado Essence, a horse that carries special significance for him on Mother's Day.
By Richard Zwirn -- Soon, we will celebrate Mother's Day. Of course, I will send my mom a card, my mother-in-law some chocolates, and my wife will undoubtedly receive all sorts of handcrafted gifts from our children. The mothers in our broodmare band will also be recognized.
Arlington Park, outside Chicago, has changed its post time to 1:30 p.m., except for Fridays.
Most Popular Stories
- Owner-Breeder Nelson Bunker Hunt Dies
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Hollendorfer: Shared Belief Has 'Great' Work
- O'Neill and Racing's Slow Regulatory Process
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- HRTV to Air Live Coverage of Breeders' Cup
- F-T October Running Ahead of 2013 Record Pace
- Raffetto Joins New England HBPA Effort
- Podcast: Bob Baffert and the Breeders' Cup
- Trainer D'Amato's Success Long Time in Coming