Jockey Patrick Husbands won Sunday's $182,950 George C. Hendrie Stakes (Can-III) at Woodbine aboard El Prado Essence, a horse that carries special significance for him on Mother's Day.
By Richard Zwirn -- Soon, we will celebrate Mother's Day. Of course, I will send my mom a card, my mother-in-law some chocolates, and my wife will undoubtedly receive all sorts of handcrafted gifts from our children. The mothers in our broodmare band will also be recognized.
Arlington Park, outside Chicago, has changed its post time to 1:30 p.m., except for Fridays.
Most Popular Stories
- Tonalist Looks Tough in Jim Dandy Stakes
- My Option, La Tia Tangle in Ontario Matron
- Tonalist, Wicked Strong Headline Jim Dandy
- Dance With Fate Off the Bench for San Diego
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Record Breakers Headed for Del Mar Debutante
- Art Sherman to Receive Laffit Pincay Award
- Daring Dancer Prevails in Lake George Stakes
- Shanon Nicole Takes Off-Turf Indiana Grand
- Can Coup de Grace Land Blow in Amsterdam?