$500,000 broodmare Roan Inish led gains in average and median at the Keeneland January mixed sale's second session, which sellers continued to describe as selective and buyers described fierce competition for top lots.
Multiple stakes winner Mother Ruth was acquired by Highland Yard for $420,000 during the second session of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale Jan. 12.
WinStar Farm's Bodemeister, a grade I-winning millionaire by Empire Maker, recently sired three bay fillies as his first reported foals to arrive from his introductory crop at stud.
Gilded Gem closed from last on the far outside to win the $100,000 Las Flores Stakes (gr. III) April 2 at Santa Anita Park, registering her first stakes victory for trainer Bob Baffert.
Bob Baffert is going to be tough to beat in the $100,000 Las Flores Stakes (gr. III) at Santa Anita April 2. The Hall of Fame trainer entered half the field, including the potent pair of Gilded Gem and Mother Ruth.
As dominant as she was in winning the La Brea (gr. I) in stakes record-time one month ago, Switch looked like a world-beater as she trounced her rivals in the $250,000 Santa Monica Handicap (gr. I) Jan. 30 at Santa Anita.
A dominant winner of the La Brea Stakes (gr. I) to kick off the Santa Anita season, Switch returns to action Jan. 30 seeking her second grade I triumph in a row in the $250,000 Santa Monica Stakes (gr. I).
After placing twice in grade I stakes in a three-month span, Free Flying Soul appears well-spotted to earn her first graded win in the $100,000 Las Flores Handicap (gr. III) at Santa Anita on Easter Sunday April 4.
Grade I winner Gabby's Golden Gal, out of action for nearly six months, returns for trainer Bob Baffert as the 123-pound top weight in the La Brea Stakes (gr. I) on opening day at Santa Anita Dec. 26.
Most Popular Stories
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile
- Farhaan Makes the Grade in Thunder Road
- McErin, Five Fillies Take on Kentucky Juvenile Stakes
- Official Veterinary Team From China Visits Kentucky