Placed 10 times previously at the group I level, Queensland sprinter Buffering finally earned an elusive victory in a white-knuckle finish of the $1 million (US$959,557) Manikato Stakes (Aus-I) Oct. 25 at Moonee Valley.
One of the richest men in Australia, Gerry Harvey, has agreed to link up with Vinery's Tom Simon and use Vinery Stud in the Hunter Valley.
Vinery Australia announced its stud fees for 2005, a signal that despite recently selling its broodmares, it is not pulling out of the Australian market.
Last year's boom Australian freshman stallion Mossman (Success Express -- Lichen Lady) has undergone surgery for colic and will not serve another mare at Vinery Stud this season.
Prominent Australia sire Success Express, best remembered in North America as the winner of the 1987 Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I), has been relocated to Vinery in New South Wales in Australia.
Vinery's Australian farm announced its stud fees for this year and they too seem determined to offer value for money.
Vinery Stud has been looking for a colonial-bred freshman prospect of considerable worth for some time now and it seems the god of good gallopers has answered their prays.
Most Popular Stories
- Chasing Landaluce
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 2-Year-Olds
- General Quarters Moves to Crestwood Farm
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Tests in Hong Kong
- That Handicapping Show: Claiming Crown 2013
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Dale Romans - Little Mike
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Hollendorfer Sends Out Pair in Bayakoa
- Tattersalls Ends Year With Soaring Figures