Trainer John Sargeant enjoyed a second Oaks victory this season when lightly regarded Miss Mossman romped to a convincing 3 1/2-length victory in the New Zealand Oaks (NZ-I) at Trentham March 15.
Placed 10 times previously at the group I level, Queensland sprinter Buffering finally earned an elusive victory in a white-knuckle finish of the $1 million (US$959,557) Manikato Stakes (Aus-I) Oct. 25 at Moonee Valley.
One of the richest men in Australia, Gerry Harvey, has agreed to link up with Vinery's Tom Simon and use Vinery Stud in the Hunter Valley.
Vinery Australia announced its stud fees for 2005, a signal that despite recently selling its broodmares, it is not pulling out of the Australian market.
Last year's boom Australian freshman stallion Mossman (Success Express -- Lichen Lady) has undergone surgery for colic and will not serve another mare at Vinery Stud this season.
Prominent Australia sire Success Express, best remembered in North America as the winner of the 1987 Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I), has been relocated to Vinery in New South Wales in Australia.
Vinery's Australian farm announced its stud fees for this year and they too seem determined to offer value for money.
Vinery Stud has been looking for a colonial-bred freshman prospect of considerable worth for some time now and it seems the god of good gallopers has answered their prays.
Most Popular Stories
- Churchill Downs Opens 12-Day Meet Sept. 5
- Viva Lad Steps Up for Presque Isle Mile
- Carpe Diem, OBS March Co-Topper, Wins Debut
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- Saratoga Attendance Spikes; Handle Declines
- New York-Breds Could Continue Strong Year
- The Week in Photos for 9/2/2014
- Del Mar Trainers to Hop in Bouncey Ball Race
- Study: Boots, Wraps Increase Leg Heat during Exercise
- Sharp Sensation Edges Ben's Cat in 'Monster