Trainer John Sargeant enjoyed a second Oaks victory this season when lightly regarded Miss Mossman romped to a convincing 3 1/2-length victory in the New Zealand Oaks (NZ-I) at Trentham March 15.
Placed 10 times previously at the group I level, Queensland sprinter Buffering finally earned an elusive victory in a white-knuckle finish of the $1 million (US$959,557) Manikato Stakes (Aus-I) Oct. 25 at Moonee Valley.
One of the richest men in Australia, Gerry Harvey, has agreed to link up with Vinery's Tom Simon and use Vinery Stud in the Hunter Valley.
Vinery Australia announced its stud fees for 2005, a signal that despite recently selling its broodmares, it is not pulling out of the Australian market.
Last year's boom Australian freshman stallion Mossman (Success Express -- Lichen Lady) has undergone surgery for colic and will not serve another mare at Vinery Stud this season.
Prominent Australia sire Success Express, best remembered in North America as the winner of the 1987 Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I), has been relocated to Vinery in New South Wales in Australia.
Vinery's Australian farm announced its stud fees for this year and they too seem determined to offer value for money.
Vinery Stud has been looking for a colonial-bred freshman prospect of considerable worth for some time now and it seems the god of good gallopers has answered their prays.
Most Popular Stories
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Study: EIPH Does Not Shorten Racing Careers
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- 793 Cataloged for Tattersalls Ireland Sale
- Kingman, Toronado Set for Sussex Clash
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- Shadwell Turf Mile to Offer $1 Million Purse
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- RCI to Consider Horses-in-Training Rules