Roman Tiger snapped a 13-race losing streak when he snuck through along the rail for jockey Angel Serpa to win the $150,000 Tampa Bay Stakes (gr. IIIT) as a 28-1 shot on the turf Feb. 25.
Duke of Mischief, a lifetime earner of more than $1.7 million who has been soundly defeated in his past three starts, tries the turf in the $150,000 Tampa Bay Stakes (gr. IIIT) Feb. 25 at Tampa Bay Downs.
Turallure came from off the pace and ran down favored Get Stormy in the late stages to win the $202,000 Bernard Baruch Handicap (gr. IIT) Aug. 26 at Saratoga.
Get Stormy, winner of last year's Bernard Baruch Handicap (gr. IIT) at Saratoga, will attempt to defend his title Aug. 26 when facing 10 in the $200,000 turf race.
Prohibitive choice Sidney's Candy, given an easy time of it on the front end in his first start for new trainer Todd Pletcher, held his rivals at bay in the $150,000 Fourstardave Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Saratoga turf.
Locally-based Get Serious has been off form this season but will try to get back to his winning ways when he goes for his third straight victory in the $200,000 Oceanport Stakes (gr. IIIT) July 31 at Monmouth Park.
Following his sensational workout on turf recently at Saratoga, trainer Todd Pletcher decided to enter Sidney's Candy in the $150,000 Fourstardave Handicap (gr. IIT) July 31, where he is up against six rivals.
The Colonial Turf Cup, opened up this year to competitors of all ages, attracted a field of eight to Colonial Downs for the $500,000 event to be held the evening of June 18.
Smart Bid prevailed for the first time since November 2009 in a four-horse photo finish to the $396,000 Mervin H. Muniz Memorial Handicap (gr. IIT) March 26 on the Fair Grounds turf.
Most Popular Stories
- A Look Back at Gallant Fox's Arlington Classic
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- CHRB Discusses Creating Single California Circuit
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Asmussen Earns $50,000 Preakness Weekend Bonus
- The Greatest Performance No One Has Seen
- Enola Gray, Illuminant Look Strong in Monrovia Field
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million