Wise Dan, a leading contender to repeat as Horse of the Year after a second straight win in the Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT), will be paraded in the paddock at Churchill Downs on closing day, Saturday, Nov. 30.
A winner of six of seven starts this year with his Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) victory Nov. 2, Wise Dan deserves repeat Horse of the Year honors, his trainer Charlie LoPresti said the morning after the race.
The conditions were dreadful, the weight spread oppressive, but Wise Dan found a way to overcome all adversity to capture the Firecracker Handicap (gr. IIT) on the night of June 29 over yielding turf at rainy Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Victorious in Bernard Baruch Return
- Little Journey Favored in Boiling Springs
- Rockin Jojo First Winner for Street Magician
- Dissident, I Do Win in Australia, New Zealand
- Durkin Nears Finish Line of Brilliant Career
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- Stallion Oxbow to Stand at Calumet in 2015
- California Chrome Progressing Toward PA Derby
- Competitive Group Entered for Smarty Jones
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely