Jonesboro took the overland route to a half-length victory in the $300,000 Texas Mile and cleared the $1 million mark in career earnings at Lone Star Park April 25.
Michael Langford's Jonesboro was gunned right to the lead by Calvin Borel from his outside post, and was never challenged as he raced to a 5 3/4-length victory in the $100,000 Essex Handicap (gr. III) before a crowd of 16,602 on Saturday at Oaklawn Park.
First Regent will make his first start for trainer Randy Morse and main client Mike Langford in the $50,000 Dixieland Stakes, the headliner on Oaklawn Park's 2007 opening day program Friday.
Kentucky-based Morluc is among the 79 entries for the July 10 Darley July Cup (Eng-I) at Newmarket. The son of Housebuster is no stranger to travel--he finished second in the 2000 and 2001 runnings of the Hong Kong Sprint and has competed in Dubai.
$100,000 Aegon Turf Sprint (gr. III) Friday at Churchill Downs, the first stakes race on the weekend that will culminate Saturday with the Kentucky Derby (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist's BC Work Less Than Ideal
- Smile for Daddy
- California Chrome 'Fit' for BC After Work
- Getting Started on Breeders' Cup Handicapping
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Beholder, Frosted Drill at Santa Anita
- Living The Life Retired, Won't Run in BC
- Rachel Alexandra Breeder Morrison dies
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Songbird Logs Final Breeze for Distaff